Chapter 7

Arlo didn't know just what exactly he was hearing. Somehow, John thought that he likes him, romantically.

Looking a bit embarrassed, John have asked them to talk somewhere private. The blond actually had no idea about what it was all about, he thought that John was just going to ask him for help, which is why Arlo was so shocked with what just happened.

John suddenly started saying that he appreciates the blond, that he's thankful for the things that he did for him.

Then he proceeded to say that it's not Arlo's fault for feeling what he feels, and that he's grateful for everything, and being friends with Arlo made him really happy.

John told him that he doesn't mind, and that--

Arlo didn't even know how to react. Is he seriously fine with the idea of this? John even looked like he himself doesn't even know what he was saying.

Who the hell even planted this idea on John's mind? Thinking of the things Arlo did, perhaps... his actions really are misleading-- but he's doing all of that to win John's trust, to uncover John's secret, not because he is interested.

Still, the dark haired man assuming all of this is really a surprise. John was just too naive and too much of an idiot, surely his mind wouldn't think of it even if Arlo did made advances to him.

Now, there's not much choice for the blond. He could deny all of this, and explain that John was mistaken, but it would be too awkward after that, since John basically said that he wouldn't mind giving the blond a chance to know him more. He would likely avoid him whether he wanted or not.

Getting close would be too difficult if he denied everything, but what was he supposed to do then? It's true that playing along would be a good opportunity, but is he really going to do it? Would he throw away all of his efforts?

How far would Arlo go just to uncover John's true identity?

"John..." the blond started, "I wasn't planning to tell you, but since you know now, I hope this doesn't change anything between us. You don't have to force yourself about this, specially if you don't even feel the same."

Did Arlo made the wrong decision? John was just looking down, and Arlo couldn't read his expression at all.

"I'm not forcing myself at anything, Arlo. This-- to be honest, I really can't understand but, I want to know more about you too-- we can try-- but if it fails, we can still be friends."

This was going too far, and Arlo knew there isn't going back now.

"Are you saying that we're together now, John?"

John held his hands for an answer. He looks really embarrassed, and Arlo just wanted to hit his head on a wall.

He's now dating John.

He was actually willing to go this far just for the sake of uncovering his identity. Perhaps he's crazy, he wouldn't even gain anything from finding John's secret, he was just desperately curious.

It was a bad idea on every way, but maybe, Arlo isn't as intelligent as he thinks.

------------------------------

After sorting things out, Arlo escorted John to his apartment. There's no holding hands, no cringey words of affection, and no kissing involved-- just two boys in a questionable relationship due to misunderstandings and stupid reasons.

The dark haired man has work to do, but since he still has two or three hours before it starts, he invited Arlo in, possibly a move since they are now dating.