Chapter 11

The whole weekend, John mostly spent his time chatting with Arlo and talking with him through calls. For a reason he didn't know, the blond was initiating a lot of their conversations compared before, and John wondered if it was because of what they've talked about that made Arlo suddenly wanting to actually know more about him. It was good, the same time that it was bad.

He tried asking more about John's past, and John just told him about some his experiences on the streets, or at the circus.

John doesn't know if he was over thinking about it, but Arlo seemed to be expecting him to say something else.

Actually, it somehow felt like John was being interrogated even if he knew he wasn't. The blond have asked John where he was before he wandered on the streets, or if he ever recalled having a mother or a father since he was very young.

The dark haired man denied both, saying that he had no idea or any recollection at all. John knew that Arlo was just curious about him, but he almost argued with the blond when the blond questioned it.

You really can't recall? I don't think a three year old child can survive on it's own.

Although the blond apologized and admitted how terrible his words have sounded, it somehow left a bit of a strain in their... Friendship. John didn't really know what to say, and he could tell that Arlo was trying to be careful with his words.

He stopped asking about John's past, which was good, although their conversations became somehow distant.

In the middle of a late sunday night however, Arlo have messaged him again, asking how he was, or if he was awake.

They've talked for awhile, but not much since John was about to sleep. Arlo simply bid him a goodnight and John returned those words. He really was going to sleep, but Arlo messaged him again.

I love you.

John didn't replied. It felt weird and surprising, since he never really thought that Arlo indeed have feelings for him.

The whole week, he was just convinced that they're in a relationship because John have thought wrong, and Arlo just didn't want to embarrass him.

---------------------------------

Arlo wanted to vomit. Now, he was just getting ridiculous. Acting sweet and telling affectionate words to John? The blond was amused with himself.

He was searching various family crest and using his connections just to know from which family John was from-- there were no results so far, and it was frustrating.

So until there isn't any progress, he's going to stick with his plan and gain John's trust until he personally told him his secret.

Actually, Arlo messed up. He might have crossed the line with his questions, and it obviously had a negative effect towards John. The blond was trying his best to regain his trust, and he just realized that being in a "relationship" with John is an advantage.

To his stupidity, he actually pushed through with acting more thoughtful and affectionate with John.

All of it just to repair the small cracks.

He also planned on staging scenarios as well, and now, Arlo was just waiting for a cue, or a message from Meili to tell him if they're already with John.

The scenario today was simple: The students he hired were going to gang-up on John after class, and after awhile, Arlo interrupts to help him.

He planned to send messages to make it realistic, and if the dark haired man wonders how he managed to find him, he'll reason that he started looking for him since he wasn't responding.

Well, that was Arlo's plan. However, not long after receiving the signal...

'John knocked Whesley and got away.'

That was Meili's message, and Arlo was just surprised. How was John able to escape? The students he specifically chose had a proper training on martial arts, those who are aware of what and what shouldn't be hit. Arlo chose them to avoid unwillingly inflicting some serious damage to John, he wouldn't actually want the man to be severely hurt.

"Arlo--! Sorry, if you've waited for a long time... Some students came to borrow me for a survey, and it took awhile for me to finish since it was quite long. You know, it was just stupid! Why add questions that are just a rephrased version of the other questions?"

If Arlo didn't know the truth, he would have believed John by now. His expressions aren't questionable, and anyone who've seen him now would believe that he really did answered a survey.

The blond eyed at John, he should act like he believes in what he said, but seeing a small bruise on John's face gave Arlo an idea.

While John was pretending to complain, Arlo have immediately crept closer, grabbing the side of his cheeks where the bruise was located.

As expected, John's eyes went wide, doing it was risky since they were in the hall where the lockers were, but no one was here currently, the group of students who were just here have already left before John came.

"Who did this to you?" he asked, showing another fake concern.

The dark haired man lightly pushed Arlo away, looking towards the side to avoid Arlo's gaze.

"T-this isn't anything." John answered, "I just tripped and accidentally hit my face, it's nothing serious."

"John." Arlo spoke, "Who did this to you?" he questioned again.

This time, John was biting his lips, "I already told you, it was just from an accident. "

"It's not what happened." the blond told him, "Someone messed up with your lockers before, and now there's a bruise on your face. You're not fooling anyone, specially me."

"I'm worried about you."

With a gulp, John looked up, "Three students lured me by saying that they'll need me to answer some survey, but when I reached the room, they started beating me up."

That's right John, be honest and tell me the truth.

The blond felt victorious, apparently, intimidating and expressing concern for John was an effective combination into making him admit.

Perhaps, using this method into making John reveal his identity would be more effective once the blond has ensured that John fully trusts him.

How far should Arlo go to achieve John's trust? Should he... Use Seraphina as well? If John turned out to be someone that is highly valuable, it would be the best to maintain a good relationship or 'friendship' with him.

He just had to show the dark haired man that he is to be trusted.

"Do you know who they are?"

John shook his head, "They're not from my class, and it's the first time that I've ever seen them-- heck, I wasn't even doing anything to them! They said that I don't belong to this school, and... some terrible things about you."

If faking his concern was easy, faking his anger was difficult for the blond. It was scripted, and all part of the plan, and he knew exactly what they said about him.

Instead of acting mad the blond just pulled John into a hug, in which surprised the dark haired man.There were two students not far from them now, but they can gossip around all they want.

No one would believe them anyway, and if they did, it would still work on the blond's favor.