Chapter 15

Isen have never felt this scared on his entire life before. The expression on the blond's face was intimidating, and he could sense his rage just from his eyes alone.

It was Monday now, and he was trying his best to avoid the blond the entire day. Unfortunately, once break starts, Arlo was already waiting for him outside, and Isen had no choice but to follow him.

"I've been wanting to talk with you Isen, I believe that there's something you have to tell me." Although Arlo's voice was calm, it wasn't fooling Isen, "You haven't been replying on my messages, and I know you're purposely not answering my calls. Mind telling me why?"

"U-uh, my family and I went on a trip, I have to turn my phone off so..."

"Lies. Then how is it that I'm able to call your phone then?"

Isen felt so dumb. He wasn't able to think of that!

"Isen." the blond finally glared at him, "Why did you exposed me to John?!"

"I- I didn't!!! I never told John anything!"

"And you expect me to believe that?! No one knows about this other than you and me. If not you, who, then?!"

At this moment, Isen knew he had to pick his loyalty. Arlo, or Cecile? He's been working under the two of them even before this, and it wasn't an easy decision to make.

Arlo was the most powerful and influential student here next to Seraphina, and it's frightening thinking what he could do.

Cecile, although not as powerful as Arlo, was still more powerful than Isen, and other than that, she offered him a contract,

And the truth is, although Isen also wanted to be the CEO of his family's pen manufacturing company, he still also wanted to pursue being a journalist.

"I really don't know!" he lied.

"Then why were you avoiding me?! I asked you to dig infos about John, and you haven't sent me any update."

"You don't understand. John is just someone whom you shouldn't mess-up with! I don't want to get involved!"

"Then who 'exactly' is John for you to fear him?

"He's-- Arlo, you've seen his ring, his crest! He's from a noble family! He's not-- possibly from here, but if we managed to piss him off, it might not end well!"

And from the looks of it, it seemed like Arlo did. Isen really never told John anything, but he knew that Cecile probably did.

Suddenly Arlo grabbed him on his collar, his fist threatening for a punch, "I didn't asked for your excuses. I asked you about John."

He didn't know if he'll tell him. For a reason unknown, Cecile told him to keep his identity hidden from the blond, and Isen also didn't want Arlo to know because he's afraid of what the blond would do, specially now.

John didn't have the best records before he disappeared in New Bostin, and if Arlo pissed him off now, who knows what he's capable of?

"Isen. Tell me who John is."

"Why don't you just leave the man alone? You already got your answers-- we already proved that he isn't as poor as he's making us believe! What do you want now?!"

He wished he could say those words, but saying what he wanted would probably get him killed.

"He's a prince."

----------------------------------

John was annoyed. Seraphina has been asking him if he's fine, and she also noticed his lack of mention about Arlo. John dodges her questions, not mentioning about their former relationship, about their break-up, about Arlo's true intentions and about Cecile and her request.

The dark haired man doesn't tell Seraphina anything, and but he knew that she has suspicions that John is hiding something.

If she asked once again, he'll tell her about him and Arlo, or anything he could say just to prevent her from knowing who he really was.

He eats lunch with Seraphina, he hangs out with her every vacant and for now again recently, leave school together.

That was really just his intention for today, but after their dismissal, someone grabbed him.

"John, can we have a talk? I already told Seraphina that I'll borrow you for a bit." It was Remi, and standing beside her was Blyke.

"What is this about?" the dark haired man asked.

"It's about the culprit behind your locker." Remi said handing him an enveloped, "We couldn't find who it was but--"

John tossed her hands aside, "There's no need. I already knew who it was."

"Really?! Who are they? You can tell them to me so we can punish them for what they did to your locker."

The dark haired man wanted to laugh, if she found out who it was, for sure she wouldn't do anything.

"Arlo."

"Arlo would never--"

"How do you even know?! He thrashed my locker and payed students to target me! Just for what? Just because of who I am?!"

A lot of students turned their attention towards John and Remi, and it made the dark haired man annoyed.

They were chattering about John, how terrible he was for yelling at the Queen, and their assumptions with what's happening. Hearing all of it just made his ears hurt.

"Your King is a shitty King. You're all hypocrites! I bet you don't actually care about students like me, only your reputation."

John turned his back to leave, but before he was able to take another step, he felt a strong grip on his arms.

"Take back what you said." Blyke spoke, his tone mad, "Remi spent days pestering me just to help her ask around about the culprit, I thought you would've appreciated it, but clearly, I'm wrong."

Blyke grabbed the envelope on Remi's hands, slamming it into John's face with a force strong enough to make him fall. The students around them just watched, chattering about what just happened until Blyke started dragging Remi away from the commotion.

John stood-up before they were gone from his sight, preparing to leave as well. He tried his best to ignore the words that surrounded him, as well as his rage.

Not long after he arrived home to prepare for his work, he received a text from Cecile saying that one of the students wanted to write an article about him, and at this point, John couldn't just care less.

They can say and think whatever they want about him, as long as his identity gets burried.