Chapter 6

During classes and during breaks, Seraphina noticed that the bright mood was present on John's face. Well, John was always bright, but he seemed happier somehow.

Seraphina knew why, after all, John told him how kind Arlo was; lending him his PE uniform and his clothes, helping him clean his locker, staying to watch him perform until the circus closes, letting him sleep on his room, calling a taxi for him--

In a blink of an eye, it's like Arlo suddenly became a saint.

It's unusual for the blond to be 'kind', and Seraphina just couldn't picture him doing any of those things without any hidden intention. No matter how much Seraphina tried to tell herself that Arlo must have changed, everything was just too fishy.

If so, what does he want from John then? Just like what John said, he wasn't rich, nor was he intelligent, talented and--

Is he after John?

Why John? He's too optimistic and cheerful for someone to be Arlo's type. What did he liked then, if not his personality, his appearance?

His hairstyle isn't really desirable, but other than that, he really isn't bad, in fact, he's quite good looking. His features were more  sharper and refined than it did when he first met, and she've seen his hair without a gel before, and thought he looks good.

Actually, it even crossed her mind that he might have a foreign blood because of his  hair color, although he never asked John since he said he grew up on the streets, and she knew that John wouldn't know anything.

Seraphina tried thinking deeply into things, and found herself being confused. She wondered more about John's story since he doesn't reveal much about himself, and then, she found herself wondering again about Arlo's possible intentions.

It's absurd, but thinking more about what John have told her, him being interested in John just doesn't seemed too unbelievable.

Arlo even invited him to drink, and he made him sleep on his room despite having guests rooms, as if he wanted something to happen. John probably doesn't notice it, and Seraphina doubts that the dark haired man would recognize it if someone showed interest, or if someone was approaching him with a terrible intention.

The next day, John still has a bright smile on his face. Seraphina doesn't know if she should warn her friend, since he looked too happy with the idea of having another friend. Besides, she wasn't even sure if the blond is really after John, but still, it's better to take caution.

During their lunch, John told her how he's been exchanging messages with Arlo on his phone, and at that moment, Seraphina took the opportunity to warn John.

"John, I don't know how to say this, but I think you shouldn't get too close with Arlo."

After a second, the smile from John's face was gone, and was instead replaced with a look of confusion, "Why? Arlo hasn't done anything wrong. Look Sera, I get that you're worried, but I really don't think that Arlo is planning anything bad."

"He made you sleep on his room, and asked you to drink with him."

"What's the point? He's just trying to help me since I couldn't locate my keys, and there's nothing wrong with asking me to drink you know? I mean, I always invite  you to drink boba tea with me."

"Those are different--"

"I really can't see how they are any different Sera."

Seraphina sighed, trying to get her point across John's head was a lot more difficult than she've thought. Was her friend this naive?

"He could have made you sleep on the guest room, but he made you sleep on his room. He brought you to a restaurant, he lent you his clothes, and he invited you to drink liquor in the middle of a very late night. Do you even realize how this sounds?"

"Arlo is interested with you. He doesn't want to be friends John, he wants something else."

John was silent, he was blinking very slowly, and then looking away. There was a slight flush on his face, and he doesn't know how to respond.

"Y-you don't actually think he's thinking of 'stuff' that night, right?"

The dark haired man changed his clothes in front of Arlo before, and although he caught the blond staring, it wasn't really a big deal. Arlo didn't really do anything to him, he was just drinking his champagne. He displayed a great amount of concerned though, and it made him wonder if he've felt things... If he did, It's not like the blond could stop what he's feeling.

Still, this was just difficult to believe. It's true that Arlo had been too kind on him, but John just couldn't see why the blond would want him, if what she've said was even true.

"This is why I'm telling this to you."

It still doesn't change the fact that Arlo have helped him more than once, and John  doesn't have the right to avoid him just because of this.

John doesn't want to lose another friend. Maybe he could talk this out with Arlo, but if Seraphina was right, what would he even do?

"Sorry Sera, but I don't think I can stay away..."

"You're so stubborn." she sighed again, "If something happens, remember that I did warn you."

John smiled at her, and everything continued like she didn't warned him at all. He doesn't looked too bothered during there classes afterwards, and he never brought Arlo-up again that day, although he kept looking on his phone.

Once their classes ends, the dark haired man excused himself again, and although he didn't tell the exact reason, Seraphina figured out that he would meet with Arlo.

She thought of following John, and listening to what he might say to the blond, she did followed them and they ended up in an alley between two buildings inside their campus. Seraphina stood in a spot not too close to be seen, but close enough to hear a bit.

"I...app...ate.........fault... grate... friends... you... py... think..."

She didn't understand what John have said, but instead of moving closer she decided to just leave before she gets seen. Maybe, she was worrying too much for John, but he isn't a kid. Whatever John might decide, she'll just have to trust him. But, if something bad ever happens to him, Seraphina would never be able to forgive the blond.

She planned to go home, but not too long after she've started walking, she suddenly saw Cecile, dragging Isen in an opposite direction of the two buildings where Arlo and her friend was.

It seemed like Cecile was furious.

Judging how scared Isen have also looked, Seraphina assumed that he must have done something Cecile is unfavorable of. It really isn't her business, but Seraphina thought that it was odd. Isen was her best writer if she recalled, what could he have done to make her this furious? Or, if that's not the case, what would they need to discuss for them to talk here instead of the press room?