Chapter 3

Being with John was like being with an excited dog who keeps on running around. It was exhausting, and difficult to keep-up with.

John showed him to the whole circus, and rode with him almost every ride there is. The circus wasn't really that big, but it isn't too small either.

Arlo, seeing it as an opportunity to be John's friend, accepted and rode every ride that John wanted him to, all while taking note and observing John's behavior. He was quite childish the whole time, and for someone who used to live in the circus, he was simply too excited. In other words, he didn't saw any significant during their time with the rides.

The dark haired man, needing to work, have told Arlo to go home or just stroll around if he wanted to, but the blond told him that he wanted to see John do his work.

His decision to stay turned out to be a wise decision. Arlo witnessed John's skills in miming. He was rather good at it, that the blond started wondering if it was one of the reasons why he was admitted into their school.

If it is, it doesn't make sense either, considering that the school had nothing to teach to improve his skills as a mime.

An hour before closing, John was included in the last show. It became clear that he wasn't just a mime, he also knew some magic tricks as well. Some of those tricks required a lot of speed and coordination, and Arlo couldn't help but wonder if he excelled at any other areas where those two are involved.

In summary, the blond didn't learned a lot about John, but he have observations that are worth taking note of.

--------------------------------

The next day, Arlo plotted of ways to get closer to John. Seeing him act like a kid isn't enough, he needed to see his gestures, mannerisms, and became close enough for him to tell reveal some personal details about himself.

Today was Friday, and Arlo wouldn't let the entire day pass without having John come with him after class. Just hanging out on the circus won't be enough, so the blond already thought of bringing him somewhere before and after his work.

Which means that Arlo have to convince him to spend the night with the blond, maybe get him drunk? No, getting him drunk won't be necessary. Arlo just have to persuade him.

But before any of that, Arlo have to meet up with Isen and see what he've found.

They met up in a vacant room during lunch, there was a neutral look on Isen's face, and Arlo couldn't tell if found any useful information about John.

"So, any information?"

Isen handed him a piece of envelope, and Arlo took it, seeing John's student profile, and current academic records.

His basic information was written on the file, name, birthday, blood type, weight, height, address-- just, the usual stuff you'd see along with an almost unrecognizable picture of him with a disheveled hair.

The name written on the form was just 'John Doe'. If he was enrolled with that name, then it must have been his real name, which would leave the option of him being a high profile.

Or, there could be something else...

Arlo looked closely, and realized that the name of his previous school was blank.

Didn't he go to any school until enrolling here?

"Something's not adding-up with his records. John is too mysterious don't you think?" Isen asked him, a confident smile forming on his lips.

The blond checked again, and he realized that John had to undergo a special test during entrance exam. Seeing as John is enrolled now, means that he've passed.

So John isn't as dumb and as untalented as his academic records shows, huh?

John, what exactly are you hiding?

"You've done good, I'll investigate him on my own from now on." Arlo smirked, "Pick your days, I'll do as I promised."

Instead of immediately giving a date, Isen said that he'll think of the dates first, and that he'll just message him once he have chosen.

It isn't really a problem, since Arlo could just talk and inform Cecile any time. Since Isen is an excellent writer, him being on the front page multiple times would be believable and not surprising, and even without Arlo's offer, he've already been on the front page multiple times.

Once Isen have left, Arlo took out his phone to call Elaine. He was thinking of coming-up to the rooftop to see John, but it is likely that Seraphina is also there, and interacting with her isn't really much desired.

He could just approach him at dismissal too, but him and Seraphina are glued together most of the times, and chances are, that she'd be with the dark haired man.

Which is why Arlo have to play his cards rights.

"Hello, A-Arlo? Why did you call?" Elaine asked, sounding surprised with Arlo calling while they're still on school.

"Drag Seraphina after class, and do everything that you can to make sure that she isn't with John."

"John? What-- why?"

"John is quite... Interesting, I'd like to learn more about him myself." Learn his secrets specially.

Arlo ended the call almost immediately, talking with Elaine more would lead to more questions, and he isn't in the right mood for that.

When the classes ends, Arlo made sure to bump into John while he was walking on the hallways. It would be suspicious for him to suddenly approach the man asking him to go out, everything must be a planned coincidence.

"Arlo!" the dark haired man beamed, "I really appreciate you lending your PE uniform, I still haven't washed it but, I'll return it to you on Monday. But I have the shoes with me now!" John said, giving him a paper bag.

Instead of taking it on his hands, the blond lightly pushed it in a way that isn't rude or offensive, "I told you before, there's no need."

"But--"

"You could consider it as my gift to you."

John looked surprised and embarrassed for awhile, until he decided to speak-up, "Hey Arlo, I was wondering... Are you free today? Maybe we can hang-out again-- you can leave before my work starts but, before that, maybe we could eat or something."

Great. This is just great. Arlo didn't have to ask him himself, it would save him from suspicions and possibly, self embarassment.

"Sure then, John, but only in one condition."

"What is it Arlo?"

"I choose where."

The dark haired man agreed, and Arlo told him to wait with him for his driver. The blond already texted the location, and he just wanted John to wait and see.

To John's surprise, Arlo brought him to a really fancy restaurant. The dark haired man's eyes went wide just by seeing the place, and Arlo was trying to restain himself from grinning.

With this, he would be able to see John's choice of food, all while observing his etiquette and manners. It was something that is done and projected subconsciously depending on what you were taught since you were young, and thus, knowing his manerisms would tell a lot with how he grew up, or what his possible background may be.