Chapter 14

7:00 pm, Saturday-- that was the time which John selected for them to meet-up at a small and cheap fast food restaurant. Cecile wanted to date John? Then John would date her. So now, he was sitting on the table, waiting for her to arrive.

Even if everything was stupid. Is this how rich people are now? They'll enter relationships just for the sake of getting what they want. Arlo was like that: dated John just to know his secret, and continued even though he knew that John really wasn't who he is just to use him to his own benefit.

But what different is John? He dated Arlo simply because he doesn't want to lose a friend, well he lost him anyway, since Arlo never saw him as a friend in the first place. Everything made sense after Cecile told him. Why Arlo kept asking about his past, why his eyes were just on John, and why he was getting bullied more than he used to-- it was because of fucking Arlo!

And now, John was just pissed. He'd call Arlo a clown, but that would be insulting himself.

The same day after breaking up with the blond, he's immediately dating Cecile, just to ensure that she won't reveal his secret. She was only after his wealth, and to be honest, John just wanted to be left alone.

"Did you waited for a long time?" Cecile asked him. She wasn't late, John just arrived earlier.

John stared at the girl in front of him. She was dressed nicely in a black off shoulder dress. Not too casual, but not too formal. It was obvious that she was trying to make John interested.

The dark haired man however, just wore some black shorts, and a black long-sleeved shirt. He didn't bother gelling his hair. She knows anyway, and recently, John was just wasn't in the mood. It felt like a waste of time.

"I didn't." John handed her the menu, "Go pick whatever you like- they're cheap. Unfortunately, as much as I think I should treat you, I don't actually have a lot on me."

Cecile stared at the menu for awhile, sighing with what she saw. The foods would be swimming in oil for sure. She couldn't find something appetizing.

However, John was staring at her. So instead of complaining, she ordered the most decent looking meal on the menu.

The dark haired man just ordered a burger, and a small ice cream along with it.

They waited in silent, but John had his piercing gaze. He really didn't seemed to be in the mood. Actually, Cecile observed that he's been like this for a week, except when he was with Seraphina.

Does John like Seraphina? It seems possible, they were best friends after all, and as much as Cecile hated to admit, Seraphina was seen to be perfect. Still, if John liked her, he probably wouldn't go around with dating Arlo or her so easily.

"You've been glaring ever since I've arrived. You don't have a bad face, but you looked like you might want to murder me" Cecile broke the silence.

"If there's anyone I want to murder, that would be Arlo."

"If ever you decided to do it, I could be your accomplice."

The pissed looked on John's face disappeared, and instead, there was a smirk on his face.

"How cute Cecile, but I need no witness."

The food arrived after that, and John started eating his burger. Cecile just stared at her food, she wasn't sure how the spaghetti was going to taste, and her stomach might even ache if she ate this.

Noticing her, John stopped for a while to speak, "It's edible."

The dark haired man couldn't understand why Cecile was looking so hesitant, how picky was she? The food may be cheap, but it's not like the food was dirty.

Finally, Cecile mixed her plate, deciding to try the food.

It wasn't... That bad fortunately, although it obviously isn't the best.

"When I used to live on the streets, I searched trash bins for food." John spoke softly, "I did everything to survive, and I ate anything I could eat. I was young back then."

Cecile was surprised. John really have lived on the streets? It doesn't seemed to be during the time when John escaped. It seemed to be before that since John mentioned that he was still young when it happened.

"I didn't knew about that."

"Oh Really? For sure you knew that I used to live on the streets, Cecile. The whole Wellston knows, the problem is you just didn't trusted what you've heard."

"I believed it at first before, but then, assumed it to be a lie you've made just to hide your true identity." Cecile reasoned, " Besides, there were also a lot of ridiculous rumors about you. If I'm going to believe everything that I've heard, that would make me a fool, and as the head of the press team, I've learned not to trust everything that I've heard, specially if it's baseless."

But sometimes, baseless rumours aren't completely baseless. It's just impossible to provide a proof.

John grinned, "And what kind of rumours have you heard?"

"Rumours involving you and the headmaster, and recently, about you and Arlo-- except that it's no longer a rumour if you confirmed it yourself."

"You know Cecile, I did say that I did everything that I could just to survive, and when I say everything, I meant everything. I'll have you know, that I already slept with Arlo before. What makes you think that the rumours aren't true?"

Cecile looked too stunned, with her mouth slightly gaping open, her eyes, wide. John was enjoying the reaction from her, and it made him unable to stop bursting in laugher.

"Ha! Look at you Cecile!" the dark haired man laugher, "What were you thinking?"

"It's not funny."

"Why? If I did, would that make you think so low of me?" he asked her again, "Just so you know, I didn't lied about what I've said."

The green haired girl seriously didn't know what to believe. The prince was messing with her, and this mischievous attitude was starting to make her annoyed. He wasn't like how he showed himself to be, that's no longer a surprise, but Cecile wasn't expecting him to be like this.

He was hard to read, he jokes around at the wrong things, and his gaze was piercing. He was a completely a different person.

"I did sleep with Arlo, but not in a way that you're probably thinking. I said I did everything that I could to survive, and I really did-- the rumours with me and the headmaster just doesn't have a relevance to it. The question was just to throw you off."

"See, Cecile? I never lied."

"Omission is lying." she argued, "You can't exclude details and present it as the truth."

"You should be more aware that this is how the world works, Cecile."

John continued eating after that, and all Cecile could do was occasionally stare at him until she also finishes her order. They didn't go anywhere after that, but instead waited for Cecile's driver to arrive.

Before she left, John flashed an innocent smile towards her, and Cecile just couldn't help but wonder what exactly she was doing.

John was too mysterious, he lies a lot, and he commits a lot of omission and doesn't take things seriously. He really was more like a jester who plays around, and that would explain why he just agreed to this. Still, there was something haunting about his eyes, yet despite of that, he looked really empty.