Chapter 13

Arlo hasn't been getting messages from John, and for the next following days, he told Arlo to stop escorting him to his work. It was obvious that John was avoiding the blond, and for whatever reason it is, Arlo wanted know.

Other than him, Isen was avoiding him too. He doesn't answer the blond's calls, nor he hangs out where he usually does.

Isen probably found something, but as for the way John has been avoiding him, Arlo had no idea why. It just went on; both of them ignoring him, until the blond just ran out of patience.

Then thankfully, John finally messaged him, asking to meet up with him in a specific alley after school on Friday.

The blond was waiting for John to arrive now, and thankfully, it didn't take him long to appear.

"If it weren't for your message yesterday, I would've thought you've been ignoring me. Is something wrong, John?"

The dark haired man walks near him, resting his head as well as his back on the wall. His expression was blank, and it sinked in that his hair wasn't gelled.

What happened? The dark haired man used to be all smiles whenever he appears in front of the blond, and he wouldn't not gel his hair despite the blond telling him not to.

Finally, the dark haired man spoke, "I'll get this straight to the point, let's end this, Arlo."

There would have been an urge for the blond to smile because of this 'finally-break-up', if it weren't for the fact that something was obviously wrong. Instead, it made him nervous.

Still, it was hard for the blond to react. Should he act hurt, or ask him why? Tell him that they should really just friends without seeming like he was hoping for it?

"You should have done this sooner." Arlo said, "I knew you weren't really interested, John. You just gave me a chance so I wouldn't be hurt."

"Quit this bullshit." John glared at him, his expression dark, "I know your intentions now."

"What do you mean?"

The blond was nervous he didn't know what John knows, or what John meant, but he couldn't have known, right? Arlo never told anyone about his plans, he just ordered--

Isen.

Is this why he's been avoiding him? Did he told John about the blond's motives for approaching him?

"Paying students to harass me and threatening them if they don't comply? Even going as far as befriending and dating me? For what, Arlo? Just so you could get on my good grace and benefit in the future? Just so you could know who I am, and expose me?!"

"That's not--"

"Then what, Arlo? 'I love you, I'm worried about you'-- My ass!!!" John mocked him,

"I thought someone finally sees me beyond my wealth. I thought that there's someone who finally doesn't care about my status. I thought you were a real diamond, but you just turned out to be fake."

Now, the blond was finally caught. What left was there to do?

"Isn't that hypocritical, John?" Arlo asked him, "You thought I was a real diamond? By that statement, you were also after my wealth too. You spout nonsense about indifference about wealth and status, yet you only go and approach those who are at the top! Is that why you're even friends with Seraphina? Just so you can leech off her? So you could woo her, and marry her in the future?"

"That's not true!"

"Oh, it is John! You were even willing to enter a relationship with me, and I bet that you'd even do more just for getting treated with luxury while dodging your responsibilities."

That was it. Almost too soon, John landed a punch on the blond's face, causing him to almost fall. The dark haired man was filled with rage, an image far from the naive John he always shows himself to be.

"Don't think so high of yourself cause you're merely a dust. I could ruin your life within a night, but since I am different than you, I'll let this one off. Don't show your fucking face in front of me again and keep your mouth shut."

John pushed him, making him almost lose his balance. Once the blond was able to balanced himself, the dark haired man have walked off.

Should Arlo be threatened? It's hard to take John's threats seriously when he just looked like mad cat. How rich exactly is he to feel so confident with his words? Him, ruin Arlo's life within a night? Even if he is a noble man, he couldn't do any of that. It's just impossible for him to hold that much power.

---------------------------------

Cecile stood waiting for John near the back gates, her arms, crossed. The prince looked irritated, and Cecile could understand why.

"I didn't actually think you're in a relationship with that fake king."

The dark haired man didn't said anything with her statement.

"Iohannes."

John immediately directed a glare, "Don't you dare say that name."

His cold gaze sent shivers down Cecile's spine, and with the way the dark haired man was acting, it was just hard to associate him with his fake and naive facade.

"After telling you about Arlo's true intentions, I would expect a reward." Cecile grinned.

"There's nothing for me to give. If you're only doing this just to gain my favor, it won't happen, Cecile."

"You're the missing prince in New Bostin, John. Intelligent, but cruel-- Imagine what commotion it would cost if they found out that you were here at Wellston presenting yourself as a filthy rat? I get the impression that you don't want your identity exposed, and I won't do that, as long as you give me what I want."

"What exactly do you want then?"

"I want you to take my hand for marriage."

The dark haired man's eyes went wide. She's just too bold, that John might just laugh.

"Quit fucking with me."

"I am serious. It doesn't have to be now, but in the near future. Once you decided to return to New Bostin, I want to guarantee my place next to you."

"Couldn't you ask for something else? What makes you certain that I'll even return? I know you're only after my status, but you won't even gain anything seeing as I have no intention of returning."

"You're right, I am after your status, but unlike Arlo, I am honest with with what I want. I don't want any friendship or romance from you, just being associated with your name is enough. I know you'll return, because no one is crazy enough to permanently let go of their wealth."

"You don't know me, your assumptions could be wrong."

"I still want what I want. You can give it to me, or you can wake up the next day with your name on the newspaper."

"If you tell the media about this, I'll only be forced to return, and in the end, you won't gain anything. It's your loss, Cecile, not mine. So, what are you waiting for? Go on, tell the world-- I don't mind it as much as you think I do." There was a mischievous smirk on John's face, and it made Cecile felt like she was being teased.

Her brows furrowed. John was right, and it was making her blood boil.

There was no way to turn this around at this point.

"What happened Cecile? Can't say anything? You know I can't just make you a Queen, right? I don't even know much about you, and you'll be a fool to think threatening me over this would work."

"But since you're expecting a reward, tell me what you want other than that."

Cecile tried thinking of what to ask instead, and there isn't much thought to her mind. She was already wealthy, and there's nothing that she liked more than the idea of being a future queen.

What could she ask to at least have a chance to the throne?

"I request for you to date me."

It's crazy what people are willing to do for power.