Chapter 4

John felt Arlo's eyes watching him as he eat. It was slightly weird and uncomfortable, but John tried to shrug everything off.

The blond just have to bring him to a five star restaurant, and the classy atmosphere is making him feel like a prey.

It's rude to stare, but there were occasional glances from strangers who seemed to be mocking him on the back of their heads.

This is a place that John wouldn't be able to afford normally, but Arlo have insisted to pay for both of them since he's the one who chose the place.

Normally, John would think that someone rich bringing him to a fancy place would be a form of looking down, but Arlo doesn't seem to look down on him, and he said that he just liked the place and he wanted John to try it too.

At first, John felt shy and wanted to order the cheapest food instead, but in the end, he picked a chicken dish along with a salad.

As expected, the food tasted great, and Arlo seemed to be pleased with him liking the food.

In the middle of eating, his phone rang, and John had to excuse himself to pick it up.

With him leaving, Arlo took the opportunity to search his bag for something, but unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be anything expensive, or any other ID or anything that would hint him towards John's real identity.

Still, Arlo was lucky to find John's keys, so without any hesitation, he took it. Arlo had to make sure that John is with him tonight, and this is the perfect opportunity to guarantee his presence.

John came back not long after that, and he continued to eat again.

Once they were done, the dark haired man headed to the circus for his work, and Arlo went with him, even buying a ticket for himself. John was surprised with his decision, and was even embarrassed with him coming here again to watch John, especially since the blond spent his own money when John could have given him another free ticket, both as a thanks and payment for the food.

The same as yesterday, the blond just observed John as he schemed, although there isn't really much to observe when he's doing his job since he only performed some tricks and imitate what he sees.

John was obviously used to it, that certain difficult movements seemed natural for his body to do.

He seemed to have a conditioned and trained body, and Arlo isn't sure if it's worth taking note of, since it is reasonable for him when doing dangerous tricks when he's not miming.

The clock ticked so slow, today is friday, and the circus closes at twelve during fridays. At some point, Arlo got bored of waiting for John's work to end. He was just scrolling on his phone, reading the messages that he got.

Remi telling him that she couldn't find the footage of John's locker being thrashed, Elaine offering another orange juice, Holden sharing some stuff from his game, and his parents telling him that they would be on a business trip.

Although they don't really live with him so the news doesn't change anything.

Finally, John's shift finally finishes, and after a couple moments of waiting for him to change his clothes, the dark haired man approached him again, looking surprised.

"You watched the whole time...? It's already late!" John almost couldn't believe the blond, "There's a lot of rides, you could have rode them, you know. It's a waste not enjoying your ticket since you spent money on it and all."

"It's not really wasted, since I get to watch some performances again." Arlo reasoned, "You did great, John."

"Thanks!" John smiled, "By the way, aren't you going home, Arlo? Aren't your parents worried about you?"