Chapter 12

Isen thinks it's a joke, that Arlo was actually willing to go that far to know John's secret. Well, there were rumours about the interaction between the King and John, although students doesn't really seemed to believe them, it was still being spread around, and Isen just knows it's true.

A few days ago, Arlo actually assigned a task for him, a task about researching about which family the ring belongs. Isen figured that it had something to do with John, and if it did, then it saved Isen a lot of time instead of asking around about John.

Most importantly, it means that Arlo already has a solid evidence that the dark haired man isn't someone whom he seemed to be.

The ring remains unidentified, and Isen was starting to think that the crest isn't from any wealthy or influential family on Wellston, but rather... From another country. Isen also tried searching about the family trees of the current nobles on Wellston, and none of them seemed to have anyone with the same age, and all are already past 18, if not, just a young infant.

But Arlo is aware that only the richest nobles had a family crest, right? The existence of the ring itself already says a lot, that John might even be wealthier and more powerful than Arlo.

For sure, the blond has realized it. Which might possibly explain why he seemed to be trying to get as close as he could than before.

He've already told Cecile about it, and although bit isn't exactly confirmed whom which family John was, Cecile wanted to know more about John more than she did before.

Isen could definitely get a break. Would he get killed if Arlo finds out that he's supplying information to both of them at the same time?

What Cecile offered him was something too good, so Isen couldn't refused it.

It just sucks.

Everyone seems to be interested with John recently, Arlo, Cecile-- and even Remi was still trying to find the culprits who messed with John's lockers.

Blyke was also starting to get annoyed, Remi was missing lunch times with them since she was too busy about asking sections and checking footages even when the footage wasn't obviously to be seen.

Isen is confident that the culprit is someone whom Arlo have ordered, but there's no way he tell Remi that! Arlo and Remi's friendship would be ruined, and Isen might not last another day if he told her.

"Blyke! Isen! Can I ask for both of your help?" Remi asked them.

"No." Blyke replied in an instant, "Are you still trying to find the culprit? The footages doesn't show anything! And I'm pretty sure we've already asked all students who can possibly hack the the camera system."

"I'll have to agree with Blyke, doing this is pointless if we don't even have any clues." Isen agreed, feeling guilty on the back of his mind.

If only Remi knows.

"But we can't just quit! I am the Queen, it's my responsibility to help students that are being bullied."

"Remi, I know what you mean but why are we wasting our time on something that has been done? We don't even have any leads! Instead, why don't you look around you? There's still someone out there who needs help."

"Maybe you're right..." Remi clenched her fist, "Let's work hard to prevent any students from being bullied again."

The three of them silently ate lunch on the cafeteria. Remi was down, and Isen could feel the tension between the two. Remi wasn't the type to back down, and Blyke was just worried for Remi.

She was missing meals because of this, and Isen remembered how irritated Blyke was, mentioning how he was annoyed with her speaking about helping John, finding the culprit and just, John.