Chapter 5

Due to them sleeping late, Arlo ended up waking up later than he intended to be. He woke up at nine, and surprisingly, John was still sleeping on the floor.

Arlo was quite surprised with John sleeping at this hour. The blond somehow assumed John to be the type to be awake at an early hour, since on the reports given to him by the private investigator he hired, John runs during weekdays before going to school.

It says that he runs on weekends too, although around six or seven. It was even the reason Arlo ordered the maids to have their breakfast prepared around that hour last night.

Maybe John was more worn out than usual?

Him being asleep was a good opportunity to return John's keys, and so, he did, placing it exactly where he've gotten it.

Staring at the dark haired man's body, the blond sighed. He attempted to shake John awake, but he was in a deep sleep, and it took the blond a lot of attempts and effort before the dark haired man opened his eyes,

Landing a punch on Arlo's face.

It was too quick for the blond to avoid, and rather than being mad or annoyed, he was too surprised with John hitting him as soon as he woke-up.

Is it something that Arlo should take a note of?

"Arlo are you okay?! I'm sorry--"

The side of Arlo's lips are bleeding, and there was a bruise on the side. The blond was touching his bleeding lips, and although he doesn't appear to be mad, John felt terrible.

Arlo has been nothing but kind to him, why would he punch the second friend he had on Wellston? John needed to pull himself together, he no longer lives the life he used to have, and Arlo doesn't even have any terrible intentions.

"Having some terrible dreams, John?" Arlo asked calmly. Acting concerned is one way of building trust.

"Um uh, yes..." John didn't really recall having any dreams, but he lied anyway.

It took a few awkward minutes of them washing their face, and doing personal hygiene before heading towards the kitchen for breakfast.

The maids were staring at them too suspiciously, specially at John, that he was rushing his food than eating at a normal phase.

Although rushed, he still have some etiquette, and blond wasn't really surprised given that John have already drank what seemingly an expensive wine. John could really be a high profile, but Arlo hasn't gathered enough 'evidence' or 'signs' to conclude yet.

He's planning on using this day to just hang out with John-- to convince him that he is someone to be trusted. However, when he asked him to stay for a little bit longer, the dark haired man declined.

Arlo didn't urged him anymore, since he might have been going a bit too fast towards this, fake friendship with John. Instead of 'bonding' with him like he intended to, he just allowed him to leave, offering to call a taxi for him, and asking him to search for his bag for the keys once again.

John did find it, and although he wondered how he could missed the keys last night, he was relieved with finding the keys and avoiding spending his money for a professional help.

Finally, John was gone, and Arlo just decided to check his phone after that.

There were messages from Remi, telling him that she couldn't find any footages with of someone messing with John's lockers.

Of course she wouldn't. Arlo have already tampered and edited those footages, he wouldn't want his accomplice Ventus and Meili to be exposed wouldn't he?