Warm Brownies

I walked into Starbucks in the morning. Today was unusually cold. I walked to the counter to find Susy missing, the counter itself had no attender "Hello?" I called out and then I saw a head peeping out. He looked like the guy who David showed me yesterday  "Yes, you want to place an order here?" he asked. 

Why would someone be here otherwise!

"Umm yeah, where is Susy?" I asked "She didn't turn up today" he answered

"Well okay, you'll get used to me coming here so you might as well get my order right" I told him

 "You fuzzy about your coffee?"

"Very, now please I want a regular mocha and please put some sugar because I'm actually running late" I told him

"What would your name be?" he asked

"Valerie, what about yours?"

" I'm an employee here, why do you want my name?" he asked "Because I know the ones who serve here so yeah, what's your name?"  "Micheal, just Micheal" I nodded with a smile in return.

He turned around and made my coffee.

He then placed my order on the counter "Susy did tell about you, so I guess the coffee is on the house" he spoke  "Thank you and have a nice day" I thanked as I took the coffee and walked out of the shop towards school.

There was something about that guy you know, I feel like we've met each other somewhere else before.  

Oh boy, it's just the fourth and its cold, I wonder how it will be on Christmas.

 I walked into school and got in to the hallway, put my books in and went for my Culinary class.

Ms.Daley loved cooking and was waiting for us eagerly to enter the class, it was only after we entered we saw a bunch of ingredients sitting on our work station. So we are cooking today. The girls assembled in front of Ms.Daley's desk, I really wonder what she's got in her mind.

"My precious girls have finally arrived!" she exclaimed "Well Ms.Daily is in high spirits today" Carly spoke "Who isn't Carly! it's December! and you see when I woke up this morning, I felt cold" We all nodded to that

"So I thought, why don't we make some nice cakes up today!" Ms. Daley let out her idea "You mean bake?" Ashley asked.

She hated baking, never turned out well you see

"Yes Ashley, you can't make cakes anyother way" Ms. Daley said  "Wish there was" Ashley added

"Alright now girls, to your stations please" Ms. Daley instructed, we ran to our working station. I reached mine, I found flour, eggs, butter, sugar, cocoa and more from which you could bake a cake, the mixers and the trays. I got excited. I opened the cupboard and pulled out my apron and wore it on. Then I got on with the mixing. Ms. Daley put on some Christmas Carols and the girls sang along to it. I took my two trays and greased it , poured in my batter into it and put into the oven.

Our kitchen was redesigned a year back because Ms.Daley wanted us to have a Masterchef style kitchen to work in, so we have atleast an oven to ourselves.

 I  cleared up my deck on got my plate ready to serve and then bent down to check my brownies and then I thought maybe I could give some to my Santa, but how. I'll text him

Hey Santa, Do you like brownies?~ Valerie

I waited for a second or two and then it struck me that he would be in class, how silly could I be? 

I put my phone into my pocket . As I cut some strawberries for my plate, my phone buzzed, a message!

Brownies? Sure I do. why do you ask?~ Santa