Holiday Sparks

My Praline Mocha tasted really good today. I walked into my hallway and there was a crowd in front of the notice board...it's rare to find students crowd in front of the notice board.

I placed my extra book in my locker and continued to drink my Mocha. I met Bree on the way to my class "What's with the crowd?" I asked her

"Basketball Match" Bree replied "Were we scheduled to have one?" I asked "I don't know" she shrugged

"Because I would have known you know" "Is it because Jamie is in the team" she said with a playfull punch "Maybe" I smile

"OMG!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS!!!" Shelly nearly yelled through the hallway, gathering enough attention

"Shelly do you mind keeping it low" I told her

"Sorry but I'm just so excited!" she exclaimed

"Why?" Bree asked her "Because I'm finally going to see Marcus play!" she exclaimed in complete excitement

"You mean to say you haven't seen him play before?" I asked   "He never let me" she answered

"That is so strange" Bree stated, I nod along

"When is the match?" I asked them "10:30 am" Bree answered. Just as she said that, the school bell rang to indicate it's time for us to be in our class.

I waved Bree and Shelly a small goodbye and headed for designing class. I had to go through with this one and then I would be free for a while till the match. Ms. Glarison walked in and started talking her boring stuff, to which I just pretended to listen and improved my skill at doodling in my book. The only thing I could hear was "do your work like Mandy's" and "Be more like Adrian"...it could get annoying after a while.

After one precious hour with boring Ms. Glarison, I headed to the Library for a book, something to read before I went to bed. Honestly, I was a stupid girl to find the right book here in the school library.

Disappointed, I walked towards the door when Ms. Jenkins stopped me "Yoohoo, Valerie" she called out "Oh hey Ms. Jenkins" I greeted her as I walked towards the librarian's desk

"Were you planing to leave without having a word here?" she asked me "Sorry, I was searching for a book. I forgot that I wouldn't find them here" I tell her "What is it that you are searching for?" she asked me

"A Christmas book for the nights" I said "Well, I'm sorry that we don't have any like that" she said and I nodded

"But I might be able to help you" she smiled "Really? How?" I asked her.

She bent down to one of the drawers in her desk and pulled out a neatly wrapped gift. She handed it over to me, "Is it for me?" I asked her, looking at the box "Yes, someone gave it to me and told me if you made your way here, to have it given to you" she said "Thank you Ms. Jenkins, I'll see you around"  I thanked her "See you around too" she replied and I walked out of the library.

I walked and sat down on the bench of the school's garden. It was empty, for the ones who had class was in their classes and for those who didn't were busy preparing for the match. I took my gift, a light blue cover with a white bow which had a tag with my name printed on it. I slowly opened the wrap along the tapes and finally made it to see what sat inside. A book, not just any book...it was a Christmas book, "Holiday Sparks by Shannon Stacy". I turned the book to read the synopsis and was impressed with it. I opened the book to the front page, my name was written in an artistic manner and there sat an envelope for me. I opened it and read it.

To my special Valerie,

                      I happen to be down the streets when I thought of texting you last evening. That was when you told me you were going to spend your evening with English and Arithmetics, which to me cannot be a way to spend this winters evening in. So I stopped by the bookshop again and asked the shop in charge to show me their Christmas books collection. I do not read, but I do know you do, otherwise I wouldn't be seeing you visit the library that often. I told the shop in charge to select it for you and this is what she chose. I hope you have a good time reading it.