Chapter 1

It was a bright and sunny morning. Rays of sunshine shone down upon many islands that floated upon the clouds, islands that held many secret and many monsters.
The clouds and the islands moved slowly as if the destination they were going to wasn't really an important thing. But was their destination worth going to?
Didn't the clouds ever get jealous of the islands? Always floating upon them, taking away the warm sunshine.
Wasn't the sun tired of doing its job? Always smiling down giving light to all, but was never thanked.
Ridiculous thoughts always snuck their way into Fairy's mind. Her mind was always filled with things that can never be answered, but she always prayed that there was.
Fairy's sea blue eyes stared at the never ending blue of the skies below as her mind was filled with more absurd questions. She was at the edge of the island, her hands held her head up as she leaned forward on a boulder.
'Why can't it be dark all the time so we can always see the stars?' She thought to herself.
Her mind was too busy thinking to herself that she didn't notice someone walking behind her.
Warm, big hands settled upon Fairy's waist as a broad chest was pressed against her back. Fairy felt a warm breath against her neck and saw dirty, blonde hair at the corner of her eye.
"Vagabond," Fairy giggled as she put her softer and smaller hands upon the boy's own.
Vagabond was a monster with a strong build. He had long, dirty blonde hair that was tied up in the back, his yellow tunic had some armor on his right shoulder, brown gloves, and metal boots that looked uncomfortable whenever you walked around in them.
Vagabond was a kind boy who was helplessly in love with Fairy. His red, demon-like eyes was always full of love and hope. His humble and funny personality would have any girl swoon over him, his big and masculine build made it look like he came down from the heavens, and his strength would scare the most ferocious animals away.
That's what Fairy liked about him. He was strong, loving, obviously handsome, and caring.
"So how's my love today?" Vagabond asked with a smile upon his lips. His chin rested upon Fairy's right shoulder as he gazed at the blue skies, his red eyes turning a bit more dull as the minutes passed.
Fairy leaned back into Vagabond and spoke,"I'm good now, thank you for asking. How about you?"
"Fantastic," Vagabond smiled and kissed his lovers cheek.
The two love birds stood there staring into the sky. It was a beautiful sight that could never be tainted. Well, that's what the couple thought.
It would just take a snap of the troublemaker's fingers and the skies would start to darken. The clouds of hatred would swarm the tiny islands along with the screams of the thunderous lightning.
If only things would stay the same.
After a few minutes of staring into the skies, a voice, that sounded a bit robotic, resounded in the island. "Get ready for battle. Garen Forest level 2, Fairy and Vagabond."
Fairy drew out a sigh, her shoulders slumping when she heard the news. Every day was the same. Fight, take a break, then fight again. It was tiring doing the same thing over and over again, especially when your break is only five minutes long.
Fairy felt Vagabond's hold tighten as he took a deep breath in. His eyes were shut tight as he let out a stressful breath. Fairy was not the only one with the same rough treatment. Vagabond also went through the endless training and had to work harder.
'Always fighting..... Never able to breathe......' Fairy thought to herself as she took in Vagabond's features.
Fairy and Vagabond were leagues away from each other. Their levels were close, but there grades were one star away.
Star grades were stars that defined how strong a monster was. The highest star a summoner can get was six stars and the lowest was two. Well, that is if you're only counting the yellow stars. The monsters with gray stars were usually used for feeding and were considered the weakest of them all.
"Back to work again," sighed Vagabond,"Why can't we ever get a break?"
Fairy looked up at Vagabond with a smile on her face,"You know how she is. Besides, this one might be different."
"But different means more work," Vagabond complained. He pulled back from Fairy and made a childish pout.
"C'mon," the blue haired monster laughed as she reached to Mr. Pouty and pulled him towards the gateway.
--------------
"Hmmmm..... I wonder......." The voice was low, but sounded smooth.
The Defense Tower overlooked the small island as its shadow grew taller and taller when the sun started to set.
The Defense Tower was a building, obviously a tower, that stood in the middle of the island. It was surrounded by blue and green trees, the tall building looked as if it stood there for a thousand years, and the inside wasn't that great either.
Inside of the tower, a shadowy figure stood overlooking the island with mild interest. Bright red eyes could be seen through the darkness as their slim body could be made out.
If you looked close enough, you could make out the muscles on him. His shirt clung to his body showing his slightly muscled, body, his black, skinny jean pants were being held up by a white belt, and his black boots looked as if they were brand new. His raven-colored hair was short and went to the side with a brown beanie on top of his head, and a small, shiny necklace hung around his neck.
"Hmm...... We need more monsters. Two's definitely not enough," the boy laughed lightly without any humor.
"We need about ten or eleven. Better yet, twelve."
A lady behind him stood next to the door, her bright blue eyes were glued onto his back.
The woman had long, straight, black hair that was held up into a ponytail. She wore a white, sleeveless, dress that showed the curves of her body and was zipped up in the back, her white high heels made her look taller then she seemed to be. Her long, slim fingers held a clipboard to her busty chest as her other hand seemed to twirl a black pen between her fingers.
"Hmmmm.... Well let's see," She said, pushing her rectangular glasses up. "The summon scrolls go up to three in a single chest and they're really easy find. Add on to the seventy five gems for a three or four rare grade monsters, friend points for normal grade monsters, and getting a few in the missions."
The boy sighed out a tired breath. His left hand dug into his pocket as his right hand rubbed the back of his neck. The anonymous boy glanced back to the beautiful lady behind him, his bright, blood red eyes gazed back into her bright, sea blue ones.
"How about the negatives?" He asked, knowing fully well that there were more negatives then positives. Looking back at his past, luck was never at his side.
"The summon scrolls cost three hundred mana to summon a monster. We're trying to get one hundred thousand and we only have forty thousand. We don't have any friends on the list and we need to have strong ones, plus the summon scrolls and friend summons usually make low grade monsters. It's rare to get gems let alone seventy five. Finally, it's rare to find good monsters in missions and all the good ones are too high leveled."
As the blue eyed lady spoke she scribbled some things down on her notepad. With one final tap of her pen, she looked up again to the waiting boy.
"Sadly, the odds aren't in our favor."
Dammit. He should've thought of things more thoroughly. Dammit, dammit, dammit!
Before he knew it, he felt a lean body being pressed up against his back, long arms wrapping around his right one.
"Don't worry," a soothing voice whispered into his ear,"Just be patient."
The boy's hand tightened into fists, his knuckles turning white, as he glared down at his feet like a moody child.
"I don't have the time," he whispered.
The desperation, sadness, and anger was evident in his voice. And Grim heard it all, a smile creeping up to his features.

A/N:
Things will be better in the future. I'll try! X3 also if the beginning seems poopy to chu it's because I accidentally deleted some of da beginning ;~; I had this up on Werdsmith and wanted to put it on here and instead of pressing copy I press space ._. Welps, hope chu dudes like. Vote if chu dudes want more adnnnnnnnmmm Bai Bai.