Mother

Dammit! She's now coming to my house! Please god oh please don't let mom be home! If she-

"Here you go," Adora puts a headphone in my ear.

"What are you-"

Adventure Time?

"I don't think musicals are the only thing you listen to," she smiles.

"So you thought of "I'm just your problem"?" I asked her.

"I felt like you would listen to this," she laughs.

"Thanks..." I looked away.

She tighten my hand.

"I'm right here," she looked at me.

Not for long...

"Mhm!"

I guided her to my place as everything was quiet. When we got there I was happy to see mom's car not there.

She's not home...

I was able to relax as I smiled. I opened the door and let Adora go inside.

"Not bad, Kitty," she said.

"Shut-up," I laughed.

I dragged her upstairs to my room. I opened the room and then closed the door when we got in.

"Okay, so the novel-" Adora set her bag down and started to talk.

"What was the novel again?" I sat next to her setting my bag down.

"Um I think it was "The Giver" yea it was," she checked.

"I didn't read that shit," I admitted.

"Catra!" she looked at me.

"Sorry! I looked at that book and was like, no."

"Did you read at least a little bit?" she asked.

"The book don't like me and I don't like the book so I said we were even and left," I crossed my arms.

"The book doesn't have feelings," she told me.

"And manga does?"

"That's so different!" she pointed at me.

"How is that any different!?"

"Manga=life!"

"That is so bs," I looked at her.

"Okay so we just need to figure out the central-"

I went to my phone and opened it to google.

"Sameness is not the same thing as perfection--difference should be celebrated and not feared," I read.

"What?"

"On google it says the central idea," I show her.

"Oh."

"Do you not know google, princess?" I grin at her.

"I know google, give me this, "she takes my phone.

I watch her go to my contacts. I had no one but my mom's. She went to add contact and put in a number.

Adora.

She typed her name down. Then went to messages and send herself the google search.

"There, so I'll type it in our PowerPoint and now we just have to say the importance of it and were done," she handed me my phone.

"Wow, she added herself on my phone," I grinned.

"So?" she crossed her arms.

"Was the princess too embarrassed to asked me for my number?" I went closer to her.

"You know what? Fuck you," she puffed her cheeks.

I laughed relaxing my head on her shoulder. She rested her head on mine.

"Your actually really fun, Kitten that I could spend a life time with you," she said.

I didn't know why, but I felt warm inside. I felt like I belonged. She made me feel safe. Wherever she was I felt family.

"I can relate by so much," I grabbed ahold of her hand.

So this is how it feels to have a friend. I can't believe I'm saying this. I would die for her... she is the light to my dark.

I hear a car come into the front. I rushed to the window seeing mom coming out of her car. She did not look happy.

"Well looks like it's time for you to go," I grabbed Adora's stuff and put it on her.

"Hold on, are you okay?" she put her hands on my shoulder.

"Listen princess there is no time you have to-"

"Catra! What did I say!? Clean the house or else I'm going-" I heard mom coming up the stairs.

"Okay Adora jump out the window," I pushed her.

"What!? Okay what is going on!? You look so tensed-"

"Who is this?" I turn to see mom with her arms crossed.

I'm too late.

"Hi, you must be Catra's mother I'm Adora," Adora introduces herself.

"Adora? Adora Moon?" My mother went towards her.

"How - uh yes, that's me," Adora looks at her.

"Why is such a high class person like you want to be with such a low-life," my mother pointed at me.

"Excuse me?" Adora looked at her.

"Don't waste your time here, your wasting your life by staying by her side, she's pathetic," mom went towards me grabbing my ear.

"Let go of her," I hear Adora say under her breath.

"What was that?" mom pulls my ear more harder.

"I said let go of her grandma or can you not hear me!?" Adora throws her bookbag at my mom.

"Grandma!? Why you little brat!" she grabs Adora's hair.

I grabbed my mom's hand and twisted it around her.

"You can hurt me, but not her."

"You ungrateful child! You know what, get out! I don't want you here! Get out!" my mom yelled at my face.

My face froze.

Kicking me out? That's how far your going to go? Where am I gonna live? Am I gonna live in the streets? Oh my god, I can't! Now I have to beg-

"With pleasure," Adora hit my mom in the head with a baseball.

"Oh shit! Is she okay!?" I went to the ground to check her.

"She's just unconscious now pack up your stuff in this room, if you need everything then put some stuff in my bookbag," Adora starts putting my stuff in her bag.

"What are you doing!? Where am I gonna stay!? I'm going to have to live on the streets-" I panicked.

"Catra, hey look at me, okay listen to me," she pulled me towards her.

"Where am I gonna go!? I'm going to live in the streets and get made fun of-"

"Catra your moving to my house," Adora blurted out.

"What?" I looked up.

"I have a spare room... so you can stay with me," she smiled.

I had no words for how I was feeling right now. This girl. That met me hours ago is now telling me I can live with her. Why does she make everything sound okay?

I nodded my head and went to pack my stuff.