Chapter 2

If you haven't read my recent update, go read it. I'm sorry I took so long to just write one chapter. In the future, I will upload one finished chapter, instead of just parts of it. Thanks and enjoy!

Chapter 2

Marinette's POV

Luka gazed at me, soft aqua blue eyes warm. He reached out a hand to caress my cheek, and I shuddered at his touch. He leaned in closer and I instinctively drew back sharply. Why was I doing this? I simply did not know. It was just instinct. And my gut telling me we were not suppose to be together. 

"I'm sorry, Luka." I smiled at my boyfriend. "I'm still not used to this, even after one year of dating you." The lie slipped easily out.

"It's fine, Marinette." Luka slung his guitar over his neck and began to play a tune that he had specially composed for me. 

A blush danced across my face. But it wasn't because of Luka. The gentle melody reminded me of Adrien, my crush. In my mind, his blond hair was messy, swept by the wind. His piercing green eyes blinked slowly, lips curving into a gorgeous smile. 

I could spend the whole day thinking of him. But Luka had interrupted my thoughts. 

"I'm guessing you like it." Luka leaned closer, and with one swift motion, he kissed my cheek. "See you later." He stood up, and walked away, smiling.

"Tikki!" I frantically opened my pouch. "What should I do? I'm Luka's girlfriend, but I like Adrien!" I pulled my pigtails down, pocketing my hair ties. "Help!"

My kwami slowly opened her eyes. "You've been worried about this forever, Marinette," she said sleepily. "You're Ladybug. You can deal with this."

"That's not an answer!" I whisper-yelled. "Please Tikki! Help me!"

"It's up to you, Marinette. I can't make the decision for you. Whatever your heart tells you is what you should do." Tikki yawned and went back to sleep.

I sighed, closed the pouch quietly, and checked my backpack for the Miracle Box. It was still there. With the added responsibility of being the Guardian of the Miraculouses, I didn't have time for doing all the things I loved, such as designing and sewing.

"Let's go, Tikki." I stood up and strolled out of the park. 

I passed a bakery with sweet-smelling macaroons and cookies. Tikki popped her head up slightly through the pouch. 

"Can I have some?" she asked, dark blue eyes shining pleadingly. 

"Sure, Tikki."  The bell on the door rang as I slipped inside.

"Welcome! How may I help you?" A plump woman wearing a black apron dusted with white hurried towards me. 

"Could I please buy some cookies and macaroons?" 

"Of course!" The woman handed me a bag filled with paper bags with cookies and macaroons.

I thanked her and went on my way. Tikki popped up again, breathing in the aroma. 

"It's wonderful," Tikki murmured. "Thank you , Marinette!"

"No problem." I arrived back home and went up to my pink bedroom. Pictures of Adrien were still plastered everywhere, and one of him striking a pose was framed. I traced my finger around his dazzling green orbs, silently wishing he was mine.

Tikki munched on the treats as I flopped down on my bed and stared at the ceiling. Why was everything so confusing? I loved Adrien, but he was going out with Kagami, and I was going out with Luka. I didn't love Luka, just saw him as a close friend. 

"Don't you have an assignment due tomorrow?" Tikki reminded. "And a skirt to make for Gabriel Agreste's skirt competition?" She nibbled on a triple chocolate cookie.

"And I need to babysit Manon in two hours!" I remembered, jumping out of bed and switching on my laptop. A collage of Adrien greeted me, hearts dotted here and there. I opened a document and started typing. 

After two minutes, the sound of water sloshing around made Tikki zoom to the window. I kept on typing until Tikki squeaked, "Akuma!"

I slammed my laptop lid down and dove for the special powers macaroons. Tikki caught it in her mouth. 

"Aqua Tikki, spots on!" I transformed, opened my trapdoor and climbed on to my balcony. I hopped off, and water rose around me. Chat Noir was already there, fighting Syren.

"Hello, Ladybug!" he greeted.

For a moment, my heart ached for him to call me, 'milady'. I missed how he called me stupid, but sweet nicknames such as, 'bugaboo'. I shook myself out of my trance. There was an Akuma to capture.

Syren seemed to have an extension on her powers. She was able to throw bubbles that would capture the object or person it touched. Slowly, the bubble would shrink, suffocating the object or person inside. I swam towards Syren, dodging bubbles that she shot at me. 

"Come on, Chat!" I called. I back flipped over a bubble and dived under another. 

"I will make Chloe pay for what she did to Kim!" Syren screeched. 

I grabbed Syren's long flowing hair and yanked it hard. She screamed in pain. Chat used his cataclysm and touched where the Akuma had been previously. The bracelet disintegrated, but no butterfly came flying out. 

"Lucky Charm!" I called out my superpower and giant sponge fell into my hands. The bubbles Syren was shooting at us, Syren herself and my yoyo flashed red. Instantly, I knew what to do. I deflected an incoming bubble at Syren herself, trapping the girl inside it. I used my yoyo to wrap around the shrinking bubble and pulled it towards me. I shoved the sponge in along with my hand and ripped a swimming cap that she was clutching. Inside held a small crystal droplet. I wrapped the sponge around the droplet and squeezed it as tight as I could. A few moments later, an Akuma fluttered out. 

I purified it and threw the sponge into the air. "Miraculous Ladybug!"

Everything turned back to normal. Syren transformed into Ondine. 

"Pound it!" Chat and I fist bumped. 

TIME SKIP

Later that night, I tossed around in my bed, unable to sleep. Piercing green eyes shimmered in my mind. Cat ears twitched, and a black tail curled slightly. I was thinking of Chat.

Finished Chapter 2! Yay!

Just a reminder that I update on Mon, Wed and Fri. Thanks for reading!

-Miraculouses4Life