Chapter 4

I changed the cover picture. Hope you enjoy!

Chapter 4

Marinette's POV

I buried my head in my hands. Why did I snap at my crush? A few tears tumbled down my pale cheeks. Jealousy burned in my heart as I thought of Kagami, my ex-friend. Except, she didn't know that I thought of her as an ex-friend.

"Marinette?" The door to the classroom opened and Adrien appeared.

My face grew hot, tears threatening to slip faster than they already were. "Yes?"

"What's wrong?" Adrien asked, walking towards me. "Is it your hamster soulmark?"

"Y-y-y-yes," I stammered. "I hate hamsters, that's all." I couldn't say, Tikki was once nearly eaten by one, and the same one ripped up all my designs. 

Adrien seemed to look shyly away. "Why were you so cold about Kagami?"

I growled softly. "It's nothing. Go back to your seat, Adrien."

As Adrien made his way to his desk in front of me, a loud crash echoed through the classroom. Soon, a series of whoosh sounds followed after.

"I am Builder with my sidekick Destroyer!" screamed a male voice. 

"I need to go!" I yelled, flinging the door open and racing to the bathroom. "Tikki, spots on!"

Chat Noir was there, fighting it with his baton. He backflipped to dodge an attack. "Quick Ladybug!"

I swung myself over to him. As I flew through the air, a dark shape was fluttering towards a sobbing girl. "W-w-what? Why is there an Akuma?" I didn't have time to ponder my own question. "Time to de-evilise!" I purified the Akuma. "Bye bye little butterfly."

"Ladybug!" A block of cement whizzed past me and crashed into a building with a noisy crack. 

After a few hours of fighting Builder and Destroyer, we finally captured their akumas. Builder's one was in his helmet and Destroyer's one was in his pen. 

"Why two akumas?" I wondered, purifying both. "Why?"

"Ladybug! Another akuma!" Chat screamed. 

I looked around and saw a dark purple butterfly fluttering to a girl that was sobbing her heart out in a nearby house. At once, I caught it and de-evilised it. The white butterfly flew out, wings beating rapidly.

"Any ideas on why there are more than one Akuma, Ladybug?" Chat asked. My heart ached with longing for any type of love that I warmed towards. And that was not Luka's.

"N-n-no," I answered. "Why would Hawkmoth be able to send out more than one Akuma?"

"I wish Master Fu was still here," sighed Chat Noir sadly. "He would give us an answer."

A moment of silence was blanketed upon us as we remembered the wise, old man. "Me too, kitty. Me too."

TIME SKIP

Mist wreathed around me, carrying me upwards towards the starry sky. A ghostly Master Fu floated eerily around. I reached out towards him, but my hand passed through thin air.

"Master Fu!" I yelled as he faded. 

"Do not be afraid, Marinette. You have the answers." His voice echoed around the silent night.

I woke up with a start, a bead of sweat trickling down my forehead. Tikki glanced worriedly at me. "Are you okay, Marinette?"

"J-just a nigtmare," I said shakily. "About Master Fu"

Tikki frowned. "About Master Fu?" When I nodded, she said, "What did he say?"

"Do not be afraid, Marinette. You have the answers." I shivered. "What's that suppose to mean, Tikki?"

"I've heard of guardians having dreams of the previous guardians, just like this." Tikki floated closer to me. "They are trying to get a message across to you."

"O-okay." I shut my eyes, and soon drifted off to sleep again, thinking of Master Fu.

Soon, the dream returned. Master Fu was sitting on a stool, drinking tea while looking at the spellbook. Everything was peaceful. I closed my eyes and breathed in the aroma coming from the tea. Suddenly, evil laughter cackled in my ears.

I shot open my eyes, and there was Hawkmoth, leaning over a deathly still Master Fu. His face was contorted with triumph as he grabbed the spellbook and jumped out, disappearing into the night.

"Master Fu! Master Fu!" I yelled. 

For the second time that night, I woke up. Tikki was flying in front of my face, waving her hands. "You were screaming," she informed me. "What was it this time?"

"Hawkmoth! Spellbook! Master Fu!" I panted. "Master Fu was reading the spellbook, and then Hawkmoth appeared out of nowhere, knocked Master Fu out, and took the book!"

"Try and sleep," Tikki advised, a worried look filling her blue eyes. "We can talk about it in the morning."

I closed my eyes. Sleep washed over me, and I found myself drifting in a sea of never-ending darkness. I sighed, satisfied. No dreams were going to interrupt this. 

As soon as the thought entered my head, I found myself in the middle of a swirling coat of fog. I floated through and watched as a scene enfolded before me. I was frozen. I couldn't move, but could only stare in horror. 

The Miracle Box was turned to ashes. Scattered miraculouses littered the floor. Master Fu lay in a pool of blood, red liquid running out of a deep wound on his chest. Hawkmoth picked up the miraculouses and reached for the spellbook lying on a chair. He laughed manically, and vanished.

And while all the drama was happening, I noticed Tikki lying motionless on a table. Her eyes were lifeless and dull, all energy drained from them. 

"Noooo! Tikki!"

Thanks for reading! Sorry for the short chapter.

-Miraculouses4Life