Chapter 13

This will be an exciting chapter. I think. I hope. Anyway, enjoy!

Chapter 13

Adrien's POV

I felt a need to make up with Kagami. I couldn't just leave her hanging, waiting for an answer that might never come from me. Inside my jacket, I could hear the tiny snores from my sleeping kwami. A grin crept across my face and slowly took out the emergency stash of Camembert. Plagg didn't stir. I glanced at the container and found it empty. 

"Are you serious, Plagg!" I exclaimed, shoving the box back in my bag. "You ate the emergency stash only used for transformation?"

"Oh, geez," Plagg mumbled sleepily. "I was hungry. You barely have any Camembert with you..." he trailed off into a loud yawn, followed by a series of snores again.

"Guess I'll just walk." And crashed into someone. 

(A/N: I should really make them stop crashing into people. It's bad for their brains.)

Kagami stood in front of me, raven blue bob bobbing up and down as she inspected me. "Come to apologise yet? I've been waiting."

"Yeah, about that." I scratched the back of my head nervously. "Look, Kagami, I'm sorry I hurt you and I don't want us to be drifting further apart. But-"

"Yes!" Kagami interrupted me. She linked her arm in mine. "Want to go the the Eiffel Tower after school? We can get an ice-cream!" Her eyes shone like they used to.

I felt bad. One ice-cream wouldn't hurt. "Uh, sure."

"See you later!" Kagami skipped off in the opposite direction of the school.

I stared after her. "That went...okay."

"You mean terrible!" Plagg popped his head out, now fully awake. "That's the dumbest thing you've ever done in your whole entire life! What about Marinette!"

"Relax, Plagg. I'll break up with Kagami and tell her I like someone else. Marinette never needs to know." But my confidence was wavering. Maybe Plagg was right. For the second time in my life. I pushed his head back in and walked to school jauntily, whistling. 

And stopped short when I found Marinette racing towards the entrance, a necklace clutched tightly in one hand. Her blue eyes were wide with fear and showed a hint of relief when she spotted me.

"Adrien!" she gasped, throwing her arms around me, burying her face into my chest. "I found the mouse miraculous literally at my doorstep, then Tikki started glowing black and told me to go to the school where I would find Hawkmoth! Then she just dropped onto the table and hasn't moved since!"

"Slow down, Buginette." I removed her face from my chest and gazed into her eyes. "Hawkmoth isn't here. Maybe that was a false alarm. And what did you say Tikki did?"

"Sh-she glowed black then fell from the sky," Marinette stuttered, gently scooping her kwami out of her pouch. 

Tikki's blue eyes were shut tight, black liquid coming out of her eyelids. There was a black mist that enveloped her as her limbs jerked uselessly. From inside my jacket, Plagg zoomed out and landed next to his friend.

"Sugarcube! Can you hear me?" he cried desperately. My kwami prodded Tikki. And when he looked up, his green eyes were filled with fear, an emotion I had never seen before in him. 

"Is there anything you can do?" Marinette asked softly, tears filling her eyes as Plagg silently flew back into my jacket.

"This has never happened before," came the muffled sob from within. "And I'm afraid we can't do anything about it. We need to wait and see if Tikki gets better. If not..." Plagg's voice trailed off. 

I held my girlfriend as she burst into tears. "We'll figure something out," I assured. "We always do, don't we milady?"

Marinette didn't reply. She just clutched the mouse miraculous tighter and moved away from me. "Adrien..." Her eyes were raised to the top of the school. 

I spun around, and my eyes fell on a figure watching the school. Hawkmoth. Marinette sped behind a tree and within a second, she was Multi Mouse again. 

"What are you waiting for?" she demanded. "Transform."

"Plagg, claws out!" I transformed. "So milady, what's your plan?" 

A faint smile spread across Multi Mouse's face and she pulled out a jar. "We capture the Akuma," she said softly. "And when Tikki gets better, I'll purify them."

"Great!" I kissed her on the cheek affectionately. 

"Silly kitty," Multi Mouse giggled, beckoning me to follow her with a flick of her tail. Hawkmoth landed in front of us with a thump, groaning. Another figure was at the top, green scales shining brightly. It pulled out a lasso at its belt and started swinging it, looping it around Hawkmoth and pulling him back up.

"Who is that?" I whispered.

Multi Mouse stood beside me, shading her eyes from the sun. "I don't know, Chat. Come on! Let's help!" She swung herself up and I clambered up, panting, on to the roof top. 

I watched with narrowed eyes as the mystery superhero swung itself onto Hawkmoth's back. It reached a hand for his miraculous, but Hawkmoth managed to swing it over his head. Multi Mouse winced as the superhero crashed headfirst to the ground.

As I leapt over to help it up, my hand passed through the superhero, creating a hazy image. "What?" I exclaimed as the figure disappeared, just like an illusion. 

Multi Mouse wafted her hand through Hawkmoth and he disappeared too. "They're...illusions?"

I only owe you guys one more update! I hope it can come very soon!

-Miraculouses4Life