Chapter 9

All of you guys are amazing!!! Thank you so much for 300 views! This means so much to me! Now, enjoy Chapter 9 of Confused and Hurt.

Chapter 9

Adrien's POV

I jumped into my bedroom. "Plagg, claws in." 

Plagg appeared in my palm, glowing a luminous green. "Activation complete!" he informed me. "Now I shall go eat some Camembert."

"Wait!" I stopped him. "Since Marinette is my soulmate, and she is Ladybug, does that mean my soulmate is Ladybug?"

"Thank you for pointing out the obvious." Plagg rolled his eyes dramatically. He flew to his Camembert. I switched on the television.

"Don't be bemused, it's just the news! To all of the girls who love the one and only Adrien Agreste, I have some good news! It seems like Adrien has broken up with Kagami, leaving him available for any girlfriends."

"News sure does travel fast," I murmured. 

"Well, the whole city knew when Kagami was akumatised," Plagg burped.

Reaching for the remote, I turned the television off. My late reaction came in. "How could I have not noticed that Marinette was Ladybug before! They're both kind, caring and above all, are so cute!" My heart pounded in my chest. "I am so dumb."

TIME SKIP

When I arrived at school, Marinette was chatting with Alya, occasionally shifting her bag straps and patting her pouch. She seemed quiet, and had an air of sadness. Luka was walking by and pushed past her, murmuring a cool greeting.

I felt triumphant. Now I could claim Marinette without having him interfere! "Hi Marinette!" I greeted her cheerily.

"Hey Adrien." Marinette avoided my eyes. She had let loose her hair, and it was cascading to her shoulders in gentle, curved waves. 

She was beautiful. Eyes like bluebells with the sun reflected on the water droplets that were collecting. I was in love. With my possible soulmate. Two days ago, I was dating Kagami. Now I was falling in love with Marinette. Could I really get over a girl this easily?

"Adrien? You've been staring at Marinette for quite a long time now." Alya waved a hand in front of my face. "Hello?"

I blinked rapidly before shaking myself out of my trance. "S-sorry."

"Adrikins!" Chloe rushed towards me, arms outstretched. "I mean soulmate!" She giggled. "It's a very good thing you realised that I was your soulmate and broke up with Kagami."

My gaze instantly went to Marinette. Her face was contorted with sadness and my insides twisted violently. "I need a bit of time alone with Marinette."

"With that piece of garbage?" the blond haired girl shrugged. "Whatever my soulmate wishes before we go on a date."

I grabbed Marinette's hand and led her to a private place where no one could see us. She glanced anxiously at me, the upset expression cleared from her face.

"About last night..." she trailed off, looking at her pink pouch. "Did you know anything about the pieces of jewellery?" 

"Yes," I confessed. "I know your Ladybug, Marinette."

Her blue orbs widened with horror, placing a hand on her pouch. "Y-you do?"

"Of course," I confirmed. My mind switched to something else I needed to tell her. "And Marinette. I-I think y-you're my soulmate."

Marinette's face morphed from anxiety to disbelief. "W-what?"

I guess I need to tell her my identity, I realised. "The yin and the yang are always together, aren't they, milady?" I questioned with a cocky grin. Her expression was so cute.

"Y-your Chat N-Noir?" Marinette gasped, backing away, bluebell eyes filling with more disbelief. "B-but you're s-so different."

My heart sank and I averted my eyes to the ground. "Y-you don't like my a-alter e-ego?" I whispered to the girl of my dreams. "Maybe everyone only does like what I am, not who I am."

"K-kitty." Marinette gently cupped my face. "I fell in love with both sides of you. Maybe less on the flirty side, but I still loved you." She glanced away. "But I still can't believe you're my partner. And possible soulmate. But why do you think it's me?"

I pulled my sleeve up, revealing my soulmark. "It's a tiara," I informed her. "With a Chat Noir symbol plastered on the black middle jewel. I call you purrincess, don't I?"

Realisation dawned on Marinette's face. "But I'm so clumsy," she murmured. "A princess is graceful." She let her hands fall to her side in defeat.

"You're a princess to me, bugaboo." I lifted her chin, forcing her to look into my piercing green orbs. "And also one on the inside." I let out a strangled laugh. "For a moment I really thought Chloe was my soulmate."

Marinette giggled. "What about my soulmark?" she asked suddenly. "A hamster? I only know that you like hamsters. Maybe it's related to something that will happen in the future."

"Blah, blah, blah." Plagg flew out, rolling his eyes. "All of the ladybugs and chat noirs are soulmates."

A chuckle escaped my mouth. "Marinette, this is Plagg, my kwami."

"Hi Plagg." Marinette reached out to tickle him, and the kwami leaned into her touch. A rumbling sound came from within him as he started purring contentedly, just like an innocent kitten that definitely did not demand smelly cheese all the time. She opened her pouch up and a red kwami popped out. 

"Plagg!" Tikki rushed over to the black kwami, embracing him tightly. 

"Hey sugarcube. Looks like you missed me," Plagg teased affectionately.

Marinette looked at me with a raised eyebrow. "Everyone has a soft side."

Hope you enjoyed! I'm getting really busy now, so I'll update every Friday from now on until I am less busy. Sorry!

-Miraculouses4Life