Chapter 10

Dedicated to lisatyyeh

 I understand that there has been some confusion in thinking that the last encounter with Luka was the too honest part. Note: THE TOO HONEST PART WITH LUKA HAS NOT  HAPPENED YET

I also just published the prologue to my new book, Alpha Miraculous. If you want to check that out, you can. Now, enjoy!

Chapter 10

Marinette's POV

"Are you still dating Luka?" Adrien asked, slipping his hand in mine as he met me at the front of the school.

"N-no," I admitted, guilt filling me as I replayed what happened. "I kind of broke up with him. What about Kagami?"

"The truth is, I did kind of like her." Adrien glanced at me as I averted my gaze to the ground, jealousy burning inside of me. "But my bad-tempered kwami gave me some love advice. For once." He grinned as a small, "hey!" sounded from his pocket.

"So what did Plagg advise?" I giggled. 

He blushed. "He told me that I never loved Kagami." 

"Oh. That's...kind of straight to the point." I looked at our linked hands. 

"Yeah." Adrien dropped my hand and turned to face me, gently cupping my cheeks with both hands. "Marinette, I've loved you for-"

"Adrikins! What are you doing?" Chloe sashayed over, flicking her blond hair. "Why are you even touching Maritrash? I don't understand!"

"It's best if you don't understand," Adrien said politely, letting his hands fall to his sides and reached for my hand. "All you need to know is that you are not my soulmate."

"And Dupain-Cheng is?" Chloe laughed incredulously. "Utterly ridiculous! How could you compare that peasant to moi?" She gestured to herself.

"He's not comparing anyone," I said, clenching my free hand. Chloe really did know how to agitate me. "Chloe, please leave us alone."

Chloe glowered at me before walking away. Adrien started to run and pulled me along with him. I found myself stumbling, trying to keep up with him. He led me to an empty street, facing me again and gazing into my eyes. Cupping both my cheeks, he brought my face closer to his.

"I've waited a long time for this," he breathed, closing his eyes. 

I rested my hands on his chest and leaned closer. Our lips met, and a spark fired inside of me. We pulled away once we were out of breath. I smiled shyly up at him as he let his hands grip my waist gently. My thumb traced over his cheek, caressing it. 

"We're not even dating," I reminded him reluctantly, laying my head on his chest and felt arms snake around me, holding me into him. I could feel a familiar Chat Noir smirk rising to his face.

"Then we'll turn that statement to a lie." Adrien stroked my hair. "When are you free?"

Sadly, I sighed. "No time. I need to study. Tikki has been completing my homework while I slept."

"You know the message I sent you?" Adrien asked suddenly. I nodded. "I sent that to you via the earphone thing. The secret power. You have that right?"

"I received it via the earphone," I informed him. "Haven't had the chance to look at the message yet. Tikki fell asleep soon after, and I didn't know how to read it."

"I'm so sorry!" Tikki zoomed out, and we parted. "I forgot to tell you!" she looked slyly at Adrien. "Actually, let Adrien explain it to you."

Adrien reached out a hand and tugged out the earphone. He pressed a circular button, and a light emanated from the earphone. "It needs to scan your fingerprint," he explained, taking my hand. I blushed. "Put your thumb right above the earphone."

A tinkling sound entered my ears and white mist rose from the earphone. It shaped into a keyboard and I hesitated, before tapping it.

The letter was displayed on the light emitting from the earphone. "Cool." 

An urgent beep interrupted my thoughts. Message from Wang Fu.

"W-what?" I gasped. "I thought his memory was taken away! And the turtle miraculous is in the Miracle Box!"

Adrien frowned, leaning into my bag and going through the Miracle Box. "Marinette! The turtle miraculous isn't here! In fact, all of the miraculouses aren't here!"

"What!" Marinette took the bag, searching through the Miracle Box anxiously. 

Tikki popped her head out. "Someone has taken the miraculouses!"

Took me a long time to write this. I have writer's block.

-Miraculouses4Life