Chapter 7

OMG! I'm so sorry! I had some technical difficulties so I couldn't update. Anyway, here's the seventh chapter. Enjoy!

Chapter 7

Chat Noir's POV

"Hello, purrincess," I grinned as Marinette let me in,

"Silly kitty. And how many times have I told you not to call me, 'purincess'?" Marinette shook her head at me. "And worst of all, you've now added a pun?"

"Meowch!" I placed a hand over me heart, faking hurt. "The pun is the best part!"

The bluenette sighed, exasperated. "I'm trying to do homework, Chat. Please be quiet." She sat down on her chair with a thump, leaning over a piece of paper.

"I can help you," I offered, noticing the dark circles around her bluebell eyes. "You look tired. Go get some rest."

Marinette smiled gratefully at me, making my heart do a weird fluttery thing. "Thanks Chatton." She yawned and took off a wide silver bracelet. Her soulmark was printed on her wrist. The ginger and white hamster looked so realistic, even as a miniature version, I wanted to stroke the fluffy looking fur.

"That's your soulmark, right?" I asked cautiously, remembering how snappy she had been at me when I was Adrien and had asked about her soulmark.

"Yeah." Marinette glared at the mark. She pressed one finger against it hard, as if to get rid of it or cover it up. Surprisingly, something popped, like a bubble. The hamster was suddenly on the finger she had used to press the soulmark with.

"Wow," I murmured. Then I realised Marinette's homework. "Off you go!" I said cheerfully, carrying her bridal style and plonking her down on her pink bed. She giggled, grabbing the nearest thing, which happened to be a photo, and threw at me. 

It hit my face. I peeled it off and came face to face with a photo of myself. "Isn't this Adrien Agreste, the model?" I dangled the picture with my fingers in front of her.

A blush covered Marinette's face. "Y-yes. That's h-him alright." Sparkles began dancing around in her beautiful blue eyes, and I was mesmerised by them. Then, I mentally slapped myself.

Kagami and I might not be on good terms, I thought. But I shouldn't be falling for a girl. Marinette out of all people. She has a boyfriend!

Yet, I was curious to know why she had so many pictures of me plastered all over her bedroom. "Why are there so many pictures of," I gestured to the photos. "him?"

The blush grew redder. "Erm....I'm interested in f-fashion," she stammered. "A-and....um.....he
m-models Gabriel Agreste clothes, so I-I a-admire his clothes?" It sounded like a question, but I didn't point that out.

Something was in my head. Could it be that Marinette had a crush on me? While dating Luka? Happiness seemed to fill me, and I slapped myself, for real this time.

"Ch-chat? Are you okay?" Marinette was gazing at me worriedly.

That look. It melted my heart. "Y-yeah. I'm fine." My tone was dreamy. "Fine."

"Oh okay." She looked at me strangely and settled into bed.

After a few minutes, I heard the rhythm of her breath, indicating that she was sleeping. I completed her homework and walked over to her bed. The cuteness of her curled up, made my insides break.

"Goodnight purincess," I murmured, kissing her on the forehead. Then, I disappeared into the night.

Once I got home, I detransformed. Plagg dropped into my hand. "I need Camembert," he groaned, blinking up at me with green eyes.

I ignored him, and eventually he got up and flew to a secret stash of the smelly cheese. "I kissed Marinette," I said, repeating it several times. "Why did I do that?"

"Tut tut tut kid." Plagg popped out, shaking his head disapprovingly at me. But I saw a faint glimmer of satisfaction in his eyes as he popped down.

"Purrincess," I murmured. There was something about that word, but I couldn't grasp it. "Purrincess. Purrincess." I felt something hook on to the word. I delved deeper, repeating the word over and over again.

"Stop saying it already!" Plagg complained. "Purrincess, purrincess. Blah blah blah."

Sliding off my jacket,  I looked at my soulmark. A tiara. A Chat Noir paw. 

"Marinette," I murmured, eyes widening with realisation. "Is she my soulmate?"

My friend told me Chapter 6 didn't upload last, last week on Monday. I'm so sorry! I don't know why it didn't. Anyway, thanks for reading!

-Miraculouses4Life