1- Aria (EDITED)

"I have an extra ticket to tonight's MMA fight, and I thought it would be nice if you would come along." My brother Justin kindly begged. "It will be one amazing fight and one you don't want to miss," Justin added, then excitedly said who the fighters were. MMA was something I'd never been interested in, so I couldn't care less who was fighting.

I know how much Justin and his friends enjoy going to these types of things, as they've been into fighting since we were kids. I, on the other hand, have never found fighting fascinating. Or understand why men find it so thrilling. Why anyone is willing to fight someone for no reason is beyond me.

I googled the fight he was talking about, then rolled my eyes after seeing who'd be fighting. Big whoop-dee-do—these guys mean nothing to me. I sighed, "Why don't you bring Nikki? She likes watching guys fight and breaking each other's noses."

"She got called into work and the entire reason for my extra ticket."

At least it's good to know I was his second choice, asking to come along. "Isn't there anyone else? There must be someone who would enjoy that free ticket," I groaned.

"Aria, please? They're excellent seats, and I mean excellent seats. It might help you see why they do what they do and why I love it."

I laughed. "Your joking, right? I mean, think about it? What is so exciting about watching two people who know absolutely nothing about each other go into a cage and start punching and kicking one another for no reason?"

"For the fun, the thrill, and to show who's boss. Why do you think the fight goes on? Once a fighter gets that first punch to the face or the abdomen, it pisses the other fighter off, and they'll do whatever it takes to knock them down—showing them they're the better one," he said with excitement in his voice. "Please, Aria? Come on," he emphasized. "It's been a long time since you and I have hung out together. Besides, you owe me for that time you dragged me to that damn ballet. What was it called again? The Nutcracker? And from what I remember, it cracked my nuts, trying to make it until the end of the show."

I giggled.

Now that I think back to that night, I can't believe I talked him into going. I'm also still amazed that he lasted the entire ballet. He may not have cared for it much, but that's what big brothers are for. To annoy...

"What are you talking about? That was the best ballet I've ever been to!"

"Not funny, Aria. It was terrible. I look at this because you made me sit through that entire show watching girls dancing on their tippy-toes; you can sit next to me and watch a fight. It's so much more exciting than a damn ballet."

Fuck...

I guess I do owe my brother this. I heavily sighed. "Who's all going?"

"Me, Dan, Melinda, Jake, and Lakesha."

Ugh. Of course, Justin had to bring up my making him sit with me at the ballet. Something I insisted he does with me after my no-good ex-boyfriend bailed on me, saying he had to work late. He had to work late, all right, to bang his secretary.

Asshole.

Since Melinda and Lakesha are going, I might as well tag along. "Fine, I'll go," I grumbled while staring at my laptop. I stared at the screen, then clicked on the picture of the fighter Justin was excited about seeing. My neck extended forward, wanting to look closer at the man with the most fantastic muscular body I've ever seen. My brows raised towards the ceiling. How can someone as good-looking as he deliberately want to destroy a face looking like the eye candy he is?