6- Aria (EDITED)

"So... tell me about your date with that hunk of yours," Mr. Clayborn asked as I exercised his leg.

I knew he would ask me about last night. It was only a matter of time. I looked away from his leg and at him with a smile. "We had a nice time."

His bushy brows bunched together. "That's all you're going to tell me? Surely there must be more to tell," he replied, with hopes in his eyes I would have told him about the entire night with Gunner, which there really isn't much to tell.

I lowered his leg, then lifted his other leg, moving it back and forth and up and down.

He frowned. "So what you're trying to say is that it wasn't such a nice time."

"Mr. Clayborn, we had an excellent time! But we didn't do much for me to even talk about it."

"Aria. Please. Quit calling me Mr. Clayborn. I've been telling your stubborn ass for five years to call me by my first name. Do you need some Ginkoba memory tablets? Or, do you need a good ole spanking for you to listen? I'll bet that your boy toy would love to spank you," he snickered.

Boy toy?

I shook my head, giggling. "I know what your name is. I'm just used to saying it the way I have been all these years."

"You make me sound so important. Like I'm some rich fellow by saying my name that way. God only knows I'm not that important. And I'm not rich, that's for sure. If I were rich, the ladies here would be at my feet, sucking my toes, and giving me their furburger, wishing to be my gal," he grinned, then waved his hand over his face. "Hell, I can't even get a woman to look at me. They all know that I'm a poor ole man with nothing to offer them. All I have is my big ole wiener schnitzel. And damn it, anyhow? They don't want that either. So, call me Walter for my sake and yours, please."

"Yes, Walter," I teased in his ear.

"Hallelujah!" He looked up at the ceiling and raised his arms, holding his hands together, praying. And then he clapped excitedly. "Finally! A woman who listens!"

I giggled, lowered his leg, then helped him sit up so I could listen to his heart. "I'm not dead yet. So it's obviously beating right."

Shh, I hushed. "I'm trying to listen to your heart here."

"I have a heart. A big heart. Just nobody wants to see it."

"I know you have a heart. I see it. I hear it."

He removed my hand, lifted the diaphragm of my stethoscope, then placed it at his mouth and spoke into it, causing me to jump. "Tell me everything about your date. And don't you dare leave anything out," he insisted.

I frowned while removing the diaphragm from his hand. I placed it against his back, then insisted he listens to my instructions. "Take a deep breath, then exhale for me... again... and again."

He tilted his head back, looked at me, and then stuck out his tongue. "Tell me, woman. You had sex. Didn't you," he emphasized, grinning ear to ear.

I cannot believe him right now.

Wait, yes, I can.

He's a dirty ole man who wants to know my business and love life. I have to give him credit, though. Because when I broke it off with my ex, he was there to talk to me about it. He also had me see we were never meant to be. But to speak to him about my sex life? There's no way! 

That's personal.

Very personal...

"Oh my God, Walter. No! I did not have sex with Gunner. He didn't even kiss me for crying out loud," I irritatedly admitted. Then dropped in the chair beside him and rested my face in my hands.