- inevitable death -

(leah's pov)
i was sitting in the middle of what seemed like an empty arena. my knees were hugged against my torso with my black evening dress wrapped around my immaculate figure.  i stood up and gingerly strolled to where ruby was sitting, alone.

'leah?' guessed ruby, eyebrows raised while also not looking up.
'yes, it's me,' i smiled, rolling my eyes.  i brushed my dark blonde fringe out of my stunning greenish-blue eyes.  ruby finally looked up, smiling at her 'crush'.
'so, what are you doing here?' i asked, breaking the silence.
ruby picked up the ends of her dress, twisting the folds between her fingers and whispered, "i want someone to take me somewhere,"

i giggled, which earned me a highly offended look from ruby. 
'what?' groaned ruby, hiding behind her hands, face turning impossibly red.
'you're demanding,' i giggled.
'as you are, dreamer girl,' sighed ruby, smiling slightly again.
'let's go,' i said, tilting my head. 

'wait...really?' choked ruby.
'yes, idiot, get up!' i chuckled, reaching out to help ruby up, who gratefully grabbed my hand. 

and the two were off to the platinum rainforest with leah's gun resting in her other hand that wasn't occupied by ruby's.

leah was planning to kill the other girl in the depths of the forest where nobody would find her dead, dismembered corpse.

'for the best, for the best,' thought leah, swinging their arms together to keep up her act.

***
(third person)
saying that the air was cold was indeed an understatement, and ruby was grinning, swinging her arms in unison with leah's, oblivious to the fact that her 'friend' was actually going to kill her. 

once they reached to middle of the rainforest, the silver-ish tinge on the leaves became dull and didn't look as beautiful as they did when they first entered. 

'this is it,' thought leah, smirking to herself as she cocked her gun behind her back with ease. 

advancing towards the younger girl, she started, "so ruby..."

"yes?" asked ruby, turning her head to face her with a crooked smile. 

that smile didn't last too long, as leah lifted the pistol up and positioned it between ruby's thick, defined eyebrows, staring into her dilated pupils. 

"wh-what are you-?" stuttered ruby, backing away, only leading leah forward, and they continued this backward-forward-backward-forward-backward sequence until ruby was pinned against a damp tree trunk. 

"ready?" asked leah, head tilted to the left, and ruby shuddered and closed her eyes tightly.  it was a rhetorical question, and she could sense that very well, so she just exhaled shakily and nodded.

the loud noise echoed across the forest, not only once, but twice, thrice, until the sixth bang, and a strong melody started to play, softly at first, then getting gradually louder, signaling the death of the young leader, until leah decided to leave the forest, leaving the queen of her nation, lifeless against the tree trunk. 

***

author: hahakilllmeplease + me

dedicated to:
dumbass_motherfucker
nowimtakenbysleep
1-800-justdie