gone for good

the ringing of her death sounded all across the continent of quartzia.

leah was already on her way out of the platinum rainforest, satisfied with the fact that she killed the person who once had feelings for her.

meanwhile, ruby's body was lying on the ground next to the large tree at the middle of the platinum rainforest.

the only person who knew what caused the sound was the duchess of quartzia herself.

roseangeline.

so she ran to her room upstairs, stubbing her toe on one of the steps, then limped to her wardrobe to get herself clothes that looked more appropriate to go outside with.

she pulled on a black ripped jeans with a crop hoodie, holding her phone against her ear while waiting for mac to answer her call.

it ringed about five times before mac answered and rosie frantically yelled into the phone,

"can you hear that?  that loud thing that sounds like a church bell?"

"yeah?  yeah i can, do you know wha-"

"yes!  yes i know what it is and we have to run to the platinum forest as soon as possible!" mumbled rosie, grabbing her rifle, then rushed out of her house without informing her mother.

magnesia city wasn't too far away from the platinum plains, where the forest was, so she went by foot and reached in exactly 10 minutes.

"shit, no this isn't happening, this isn't fucking happening," she said in disbelief, walking towards where ruby was lying down.

mac arrived there soon after, and inhaled heavily before dropping to ruby's side next to rosie.

the two of them observed the hole seeping with blood in between her eyebrows.

"who do you think did it?" asked mac.

rosie focused on a silver leaf lying on the ground, and she swore that a flash of dark blonde hair and murky green-blue-grey eyes winked at her in the 'reflection' of the leaf, but when she turned around, there was nobody behind her.

"leah, it was leah," replied rosie without hesitation.

mac stared at the ground in thought, then nodded and stood up.

"we should bury her, don't you think?" suggested the red-head.

rosie just nodded with no further words, and grabbed the girl's legs.  mac grabbed ruby's arms, then lifted her out of the forest silently.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -