ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ - ғɪʀsᴛ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ, ғɪʀsᴛ sᴇʀᴠᴇ

i swiped my room key-card in the slot and opened the door to the hotel room.

"wow, this is actually a lot nicer than i thought" anthony said, shutting the door behind us

"i know i thought it was gonna be small and cramped, with a shitty view"

"hey hey hey" anthony looks at me and puts his hand up "no swearing in this christian household"

"oh, sorry reverend" i hold my hands to my chest, keeping myself as serious as i can.

we keep eye contact for a few seconds before anthony breaks character and we both begin to laugh.

"so which bed is mine?" anthony asks as we both begin to calm down

"the one closest to the door"

"ah, i see you've already claimed the other one" anthony replies, throwing his bag onto the bed

"mhm, first come first serve" i giggle

"hmmm" anthony starts "we'll see about that"

we hear a knock on the door and anthony walks over to open it

"come on crackheads, we're going out" kendra shouts as about ten people walk into our room

everyone starts talking and i make eye contact with madi across the room.
she begins to mouth something to me

i knew you hfjrhr fzdnsj a room shks avfidwsp

i couldn't tell what she was saying

what?

i knew you hfjrhr fzdnsj a room shks avfidwsp

what??

madi rolled her eyes and pulled her phone out. i did the same and a message came through

madi monroe 🤩😘

i knew you'd share a room with anthony

i look back up at her and smile whilst shaking my head, and she laughs silently.

madi monroe 🤩😘

i knew you'd share a room with anthony

it doesn't mean anything
he's literally my best friend and that's it

well i think otherwise
so do other people

who??

a lady never tells

i look up at madi as she's putting her phone in her pocket and continues talking to sebastian. i turn to cynthia.

"hey girl!" she says, smiling widely at me

"heyyy!" i overreact and we do a random handshake "do you know where we're going?"

"i think we're going to a shopping mall and then going to lunch, madi made a reservation for two"

i nod and pull my phone out. it's about half eleven

"well we should get going if we want time to go shopping!" i shout and everyone gets up to leave.

i'm right on the inside of the room so i'm one of the last people to leave. i'm about to walk with cytnhia but anthony walks over, giving me a look that means "i'll walk with you". cynthia looks at me, then at anthony, then back at me. she mouths "okay" without anthony noticing, winks then leaves.

"did she just wink at you?" anthony asks

"who even knows"

we all leave the hotel in a group of about fifteen people. surprisingly we didn't get many looks, but it's probably because we were walking in smaller groups of two or three.

"so, josh and naomi huh?" anthony says, looking at me. i just keep looking around at the buildings

"yep" i start "she's definitely crazy about him and has been for a while"

"what about him?" anthony asks, this time i look at him and he keeps looking ahead.

"as much as i really don't want to say it, i don't think he's digging her as much as she digs him"

"dig" anthony laughs and looks at the ground

"what's wrong with dig" i begin to laugh half way through the sentence. he looks to at me and we make eye contact for the first time since the hotel.

"nothing, i just don't usually hear people say that" i break eye contact and anthony continues talking "so what, you don't think he's interested?"

"oh no, he's definitely interested" i continue "but if i'm honest, if it does turn into a relationship, i don't think it'll last"

"shouldn't you tell her that?" anthony says, completely serious face now "like, what you think about it"

"no no no" i shake my head "one, she's way too happy and it'll put her into sadness for the rest of the month. two, even if it doesn't last, it would still be a fun experience"

there's silence as me and anthony both look up at naomi and josh. they're holding hands, swinging them back and forth. naomi's talking with a big smile on her face and josh looks at her every few seconds, also smiling

"see" i break the silence "they're happy now, and that's all that matters"

i turn to anthony. he's looking at me, smiling, but looks away after a few seconds. his blue eyes matching the sky behind him, and his fluffy hair falling in the perfect position on his face. my heart begins to beat louder, to the point where i think i can hear it.

what? why am i getting so giddy over anthony?

---------------