ᴘᴀʀᴛ ғᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ - ɴᴏᴛ ʀɪɢʜᴛ

i finish putting mascara on my bottom lashes and throw the tube back into my makeup bag.

"tayla, have you got any eyelash glue?" makayla asks, fiddling with her empty one and trying to squeeze non-existent glue out.

"yeah, here you go" i say as i throw mine over

"thanks babe" she smiles at me and starts applying the glue.

i look at myself one last time in the mirror before standing up and walking over to the bed.

taylas outfit:

(this but without the jacket)

i decided to get ready with the girls for the party. i was most likely gonna do it anyways, but i definitely had to considering the 'events' from earlier on.

the door opens and madi walks in.

"the party's hereeee" she says in a high pitched tone, pointing at herself and being overdramatic, but when she looks at me she furrows her eyebrows.
she walks over to me, sits next to me on the bed and gets close to my ear.

"why's your face so depressing?" she whispers

"excuse me?" i start whisper laughing

"no" she begins to laugh as well "i meant why is it depressed right now compared to normal"

"no reason, i'm just bored" a lie.

"and why aren't you getting ready in your room?" she raises her eyebrows in curiosity

"because anthony's in there" i answer, as though it was obvious.

"so? you could've got changed in the bathroom and boom, that's it"

"is there a problem with me being here?" i say, pretending to sound annoyed and trying to get her off my back.

"no, but it would've been easier to get ready in your room considering you're the floor above us" her facial expression changes as though she realised something "did something happen?"

i got started to get really warm and uncomfortable "you know what, i'm gonna go pee" i say as i stand up and go into the bathroom

---------------

i walk into the party arm-in-arm with kendra, who i feel like i've barely seen today. the music is loud and there's already a lot of people.
someone grabs my hand and pulls me over to the area where most people seem to be dancing. i look up and see madi (of course) and we begin dAnCiNggGgGg.
every so often there's a small flash from someone's phone and they're obviously taking a photo or a video for social media or something.
we just continue being literal crackheads whilst dancing and singing at the top of our lungs for ages, before kendra slips and hits her jaw hard against the floor, whilst also twisting her ankle in a weird direction.
we had to try carry her over to the side, but us being the WEAKLINGS we are, we couldn't do it.

"tayla, go and get someone to help us carry her" naomi says, kneeling down on the ground next to kendra.

i quickly left the dancefloor and ran into josh

"OH-"

like literally RAN into josh

he turned around and looked at me, laughing.

"you alright taylor?" he says loudly, trying to speak above the music

"kendra fell, and she basically can't walk, so we need someone to carry her"

his expression turned concerned quickly, he put his cup down and ran into the dancefloor.

"is she okay?" josh asks as he kneels down next to kendra

"does she LOOK okay?" cynthia asks, then covers her mouth "sorry, that was aggressive"

josh scoops kendra up in his arms like it was nothing and carries her to the side, then i feel someone tap my shoulder.

i turn around to see anthony.

"is she okay?" he asks, nodding his head in kendras direction

"not sure" i say, turning to look at the scene. josh has kendra sat up against the wall and is looking at her jaw, touching it and asking her does that hurt? and what about that bit?
kendra looks like she's about to cry, but josh is rubbing her arm at the same time to comfort her.

i soon snap back to my conversation and realise we've been in silence for quite some time. i turn to anthony and he's looking at me, but for the first time in a while, he isn't smiling.

"i should probably go and see if she's alright..." i say and begin to walk away.

but then he grabs my hand and pulls me back.

"tayla we can't be- like... this" he stutters throughout the sentence, and looks directly in my eyes.

"what do you mean?" i ask, although i knew exactly what he meant.

"tayla, we almost kissed. if cynthia hadn't knocked on that stupid door we would've kissed" he trails off and goes quiet.

why did he emphasize on the word stupid? why was he so annoyed that we didn't get to kiss?

"ant-" i begin and lose my place "cynthia coming to the door was a wake up call. we both know that us kissing would've been a bad idea and that it happened in the heat of the moment. it isn't... right"

he looks at my eyes sadly. we keep eye contact for a few seconds, not saying anything, and then he looks down.

"yeah..." he says quietly, laughing. fake laughing "not right"

i continue looking at him but he doesn't look back at me, and before i know it he starts walking away.

"ant!" i shout as loud as i can, but he keeps walking. not because he didn't hear me, but because he didn't want to hear me.

i sigh and stand there for a few seconds. i look around me and see everyone happy.
a big group of boys just threw jackson up in the air and caught him.
marina mcbain is trying to take over the dj booth, and natalia is trying to stop her.
even kendra is happy now, her and josh are laughing at something and she isn't crying anymore.

and then there's me, standing on the dancefloor. alone.

alone and unhappy.

---------------

authors note:
im thinking of possibly writing a few parts from other characters perspective (e.g kendra and naomi, possibly anthony) because trying to get everything in about their 'drama' for each if them that i have planned is difficult to write from taylas perspective.