ᴘᴀʀᴛ sɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ - ᴡʀᴏɴɢ

kendra pov

"i can't do it" madi shouts

"you really gotta lift your leg up" i shout back, above the music

i was trying to show madi how to do this dance move that makayla and i made up earlier.

"look, watch me again"

i attempted to do it again, but failed miserably. i tripped over my own foot and collapsed into the floor, way faster than i could even comprehend.
instantly i could feel pain in my ankle and i'd slammed my jaw into the ground, feeling that horrible feeling (ik u know what im on about) all throughout my jaw.
i could already feel tears coming to my eyes, i have such a short pain tolerance.
a group of girls gathered around me, saying stuff to me and checking if i was ok, but i wasn't listening to any of it.

someone places their hands under my head and lifts it onto their lap.

"tayla, go and get someone to help us carry her" i instantly recognised the voice as naomis, and knew she was the one i was lying on.

i opened my eyes and saw tayla rushing away through the crowd.

"kendra, open your mouth a second" naomi said to me and i opened my mouth. she put her fingers in and felt around at my teeth "no it's fine, her teeth aren't broken" she says, replying to someone.

i lay there for about another minute before someone comes and scoops me up. their arms are long and i bury my head into their chest, smelling a strong smell of aftershave and cologne. i keep my eyes closed before i'm sat up against a cold wall, away from the loud music.
i open my teary eyes and turn to the person that carried me. i see josh, and he's looking at me, trying to stop me crying.

he starts pressing on my ankle and asking me does that hurt? i nodded and just kept looking at him.
he was very concentrated, i wonder how he knows so much about first aid.
he turns and looks at me, a few inches from my face.

wow, i can see what naomi's been talking about.

"i don't think it's broken, but maybe sprained. i need to check your jaw" he said and i nodded.

he placed one hand on my head and the other on my jaw, moving his hand little by little and pressing, and asking me to tell him when it hurt. after he was done he wiped my tears from my face and gave me a big smile for the first time tonight.

"kendra, what have i told you about doing stupid dance moves" he says with a big grin

i started laughing "sorry josh, won't do it again"

i look back over at the crowd of people and see anthony. he's standing across from a short brunette girl, who i assume is tayla, and it looks like they're arguing. i turn my attention back to josh.

"right, we should probably get you some ice packs and take you back to your hotel room" he says and begins to stand up.

---------------

"josh" i begin laughing "you can put me down now"

he's been carrying me since the party and even took the challenge of carrying me up the stairs.

"nope, not until your room"

"well here it is" i gesture towards the door

"nope, not until we get in"

i just laughed and let him carry me inside. he carried me over to the bed and laid me down, then stood back up.

"there you go" he said, sounding pleased with himself

"thankyou very much" i said sarcastically.

"now, we need an icepack for your ankle" josh replies, scratching his head.

"my ankle doesn't actually hurt any more" i begin to laugh "probably from all the carrying"

he smiles and looks down "what about your jaw?"

i clench my jaw and it doesn't really hurt so i shrug my shoulders. josh comes and sits next to me and begins to feel my jaw, massaging it.

"does that hurt?" he asks, avoiding eye contact.

"no"

"there?" he repeats, this time making eye contact.

i shake my head. i search his eyes and we go silent. the pressure he was applying on my jaw softens, and the atmosphere in the room changes.

he trails his fingers down from my jaw to underneath my chin and pulls it forward, and he kisses me. soft and short at first, before we both pull away slightly. i go back in and the kissing becomes more intense.

this is wrong. i know it.

but it feels right.

---------------

authors note:
sorry for not updating in a billion years but i've been so goddamn busy with school djsjajjdd thanks for all the love on this it's crazy