11│REVELATIONS ( BUT NOT THE BIBLICAL KIND )

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴛʜᴇ ʙ. ʙ. ᴇꜰꜰᴇᴄᴛ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ʀᴇᴠᴇʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴs ( ʙᴜᴛ 
ɴᴏᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʙɪʙʟɪᴄᴀʟ ᴋɪɴᴅ ) ꒱ 

❝ DAD NEVER TRAINED YOU
TO PROTECT YOUR FAMILY
FROM EACH OTHER

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

November 6, 1993

Number Eight's powers— or power, for that matter— have become more prevalent. The girl has always had an aversion to sharp objects so there was a suspicion of what her ability might be. Today, The Umbrella Academy was assigned to get their annual shots in order to be stronger for the winter season is coming as crime does not rest for illness. When it was Number Eight's turn, the girl was complacent as usual but when Pogo placed the needle to her skin, it broke. After trying several others in succession at varying strengths, it was determined that none could pierce her skin. Thus, we have determined that the girl's power is invulnerability. We will be testing the variations of this ability over the coming days. . .

[an excerpt from Reginald Hargreeves' journal]

At the scheduled time of Eight's training session, Reginald brought Five and Two along as well for practice purposes. It had been two weeks since the girl's powers manifested fully and their father-figure had worked several nights on ways to discover the extent of her ability. The blonde sent a puzzled look to Five, who shrugged— neither knew why the extra Umbrella Academy members were there.

When they entered the training room, Two's knives were set up neatly on a table with the only other furniture in the bare room being a chair with a bundle of rope next to it. Sir Reginald turned his attention to the girl first. "Number Eight," he said sternly. "Today we will be practicing your control on your abilities. I believe you are able to not only have them protect yourself but also project them outward onto others." He then looked at the two boys. "Two, we have been practicing your accuracy so you should have no trouble with the target, which will be Five."

The boy's eyes widened and the 'target' gave his so-called father an angry look. "You can't make me a target. What about an actual target?"

The man gave him a cold one in return. "Eight will be more encouraged to stretch her potential when someone she cares about is in danger." He looked to the girl then to see that her blue eyes were wide and scared. "Eight, sit in the chair."

Obediently, the girl did as she was told despite wanting to refuse. Five was going to get hurt and it would be because of her! Eight had never tried protecting others and was terrified she wouldn't be able to do it. Reginald seemed to pick up on this, for as he bent to wrap the rope around the girl's legs, he said severely, "you must strive for greatness, Number Eight. It is the only way the Umbrella Academy will succeed. If you do not push yourself beyond the known limits you will never grow and will hold your siblings back. You don't want that, do you?"

The blonde remained quiet and bit her lip as her father moved to bind her arms to the chair. No one said anything as he finished with wrapping the ropes tightly around her shoulders. Standing fully, he turned to the two boys before he moved Five so that he was parallel to the chair and Two stood behind the table, nervously picking up a knife for each hand.

"Now," Reginald said to Five. "You will not move as Two throws the knives. If you do, I will have to bind you as well." Both of them knew that Five wasn't that strong enough to escape yet. Gritting his teeth, he gave a sharp nod. Normally he would argue but for the sake of his two siblings, he remained quiet. "Good," Reginald said. "Begin."