16│I'M ALL OUT OF LOVE

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴛʜᴇ ʙ. ʙ. ᴇꜰꜰᴇᴄᴛ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ɪ'ᴍ ᴀʟʟ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏғ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ꒱ 

AND WHAT WOULD YOU SAY IF
I CALLED ON YOU NOW & SAID
THAT I CAN'T HOLD ON?

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Wednesday, 8:15 a.m.

Alexa was used to waking up early thanks to her decision to attend school for the rest of her life but that didn't mean she enjoyed it. While she wasn't normally a coffee drinker— she always left that to Five— she gratefully took the cup from Allison; trying to stop the end of the world was hard work. The blonde sat on one of the bar stools holding the to-go container as she let Luther get their siblings up to speed.

"The world's ending in three days," he informed them.

"Three days?"

"That's what Five said," he answered as she gave a confirming nod.

"The old bastard did mention the apocalypse, come to think of it. He just left out the part about how soon."

"But can we trust him?" Allison asked. "I don't know if you've noticed but Five's a little—" She whistled and twirled her finger to indicate craziness.

"Our little psycho," Klaus commented fondly.

"He was pretty convincing," Luther argued. "If he wasn't trying to stop an apocalypse those lunatics wouldn't be chasing him."

"And besides," Alexa cut in, "where would he have gotten the glass eye?"

"Glass eye?" Allison repeated.

Alexa shook her head. "It doesn't matter; it's a dead lead."

"What did Five even see?" Diego asked.

"Uh— apparently, we all fought together against whoever was responsible."

"Okay."

"So, here's the plan. Uh, we go through Dad's research—"

"Wait, what? Hold on, hold on," Klaus protested. "Wait a tick, wait a tick, wait a tick. What actually happened the first time around?"

Alexa groaned at the same time. "My god, Luther. Why do you have to make everything about yourself?"

"Yeah." Diego added. "What are you not tellin' us? Come on, big boy. Spit it out."

The blond man raised his cup of coffee to his lips and mumbled, "we died."

"What was that?"

More clearly he said, "uh, we died."

☂☂☂

They were still talking about it after what seemed like hours later as they sat in a close-knit group around the bar. The blonde closed her eyes as she allowed exhaustion sweep over her. Without a clear goal, her family really was dysfunction at its finest. Even with something to work towards, there had always been contention within their family. Apparently, even the end of the world wasn't a big enough problem for them to work together on. 

"No, we need to figure this out," Diego was saying.

"Is it just us?" Allison asked.

"It's everybody," Luther answered.