20│UNLESS THEY'RE SHARED WITH EVERYONE

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴛʜᴇ ʙ. ʙ. ᴇꜰꜰᴇᴄᴛ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴜɴʟᴇss ᴛʜᴇʏ'ʀᴇ
sʜᴀʀᴇᴅ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ ꒱ 

❝ YEAH, Y'KNOW— LIKE
BATMAN & ROBIN ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Being crammed between her monkey-brother and her knife-wielding one was not a fun experience especially with the tense air of the car. All of them were worried about Allison and if anything were to happen to her, it would be Alexa's fault since she'd chosen to stay behind even when she'd known the danger her sister was walking into.

Luther lurched forward for what seemed like the thousandth time. "Hey— can you go any faster?" he asked.

"Ask me again and I'll burn you with a cigarette lighter," Five (who was driving) answered flatly.

Finally, they arrived at the secluded house and all of them scrambled out of the car as fast as they could while Luther rushed forward first. The door to Peabody's banged open as they entered and the five of them spread out around their sister's body. Their eyes widened as they took in the sight before them.

Alexa felt herself go numb. 

She'd failed. Again. Just like with Ben, just like with Five. Whenever someone she was supposed to protect was in trouble, she always made the wrong choice. She couldn't move, she couldn't breathe— why was there suddenly less air in the room?

She stood frozen at the doorway with her eyes fixed on her sister's now-red shirt. Her memory flashed to another body with red-stained clothing, of a boy's scream as the monster took control—

Surprisingly gentle hands placed themselves on either side of her arms, causing her to startle violently. Her eyes refused to move away from the sight of Luther weeping over Allison's body though, as her brother held the woman in a horribly eerie rendition of a similar pair (although with different feelings attached) that had copied the position years ago.

"Hey." A quiet voice forced her attention away from her siblings on the floor and held a blurry focus on the boy in front of her.

"We need you here, Lexa," he said softly, his bright green eyes locked onto her blue ones. "It isn't too late— you can help her, you just need to focus."

The blonde woman blinked furiously as she tried to get the image of Ben— no, she thought wildly, don't think about that. Five was right; she had to focus on the current issue otherwise she'd never learn. Shoving all thoughts of the past to the back of her head as she was used to doing, she moved towards the door. Her voice was shaky when she spoke but it was loud enough to spur her shocked brothers into action: "come on, guys. We need to get her to the Academy."

☂☂☂

They scrambled out of the car with Luther worrying over the woman in his arms. For once, Alexa couldn't get mad at him; this was her fault, after all. She was almost surprised that he hadn't threatened to kill her or something.

Pogo and Grace jumped into action right away. "She has suffered a severe laceration to her Larynx. One of you will need to give blood."

"I will," came from all five of the Hargreeves.

"I'm doing it," Luther insisted.

"I'm afraid that's not possible, dear boy. Your blood is more compatible to mine," Pogo said.