12│SLIP SLIDIN' AWAY

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴛʜᴇ ʙ. ʙ. ᴇꜰꜰᴇᴄᴛ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ sʟɪᴘ sʟɪᴅɪɴ' ᴀᴡᴀʏ ꒱ 

❝ IT'S OVER, WE'VE LOST
& EVERYONE'S GOING
TO DIE ANYWAY!

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Oatmeal for breakfast wasn't Eight's favorite but Reginald believed it was for children so that's what they had for breakfast every day that he was home, anyway. Most of the Academy put up with it without a fight and soon moved on to complete the rest of their day. However, Eight usually snuck back into the kitchen to eat something more interesting before her training session. Sometimes, Seven was still sitting at the table as she stared at the cold bowl of her breakfast. Eight didn't remember when this started but it usually happened the same way every day.

As she entered the kitchen like usual, her eyes flicked to the newly-broken window. "What's up, Seven?"

The dark-haired girl gave her a solemn look. "I killed another one."

The blonde smiled at this. While she didn't condone her sister's actions, she did find them horrifically amusing. "Why don't you just eat the oatmeal and get it over with?"

"I don't like oatmeal. It's too mushy."

"If you ate it sooner it wouldn't be."

"But then it's too hot," her sister argued.

Eight rolled her eyes in amusement. "There's no winning with you, is there?"

Her sister shook her head as the blonde moved to their secret cereal stash they'd had Five steal some after he lost a bet (on purpose.) Sitting down next to Seven, Eight offered her the box and the brunette took a handful, looking slightly happier.

"You don't have to kill them, you know, Sev," Eight said.

Her sister shrugged. "I can't control my powers that well and oatmeal makes me angry."

The blonde giggled at that as she nodded in agreement. "It's not the best. That's why we had Five get us this." She shook the box.

☂☂☂

Alexa blinked her eyes open to the van steadily getting lighter as the sun rose. She was lying on her side and rolled onto her back, uncurling from the small position she'd been in to stretch. As she moved her arms, her fingers brushed against soft strands of hair which caused her to jump, and she looked over to find Five curled in a smaller ball next to her. The blonde felt heat rise to her face as she remembered her moment of weakness from last night after their talk.

That can't happen again, she told herself sternly. I can't have feelings for him that's just too gross. I'm thirty! Forget that he's fifty-eight in consciousness. 

Shaking her head to clear it, Alexa winced as she sat up and moved back towards the passenger seat. Trying to keep quiet to let the boy get some much-needed sleep, Alexa kept watch on the front of the building. Her eyes widened when she saw the (unfortunately) familiar figure. Reaching around to shake the boy awake, she said, "Five, wake up! That's our guy!"

Startled, he jumped up as if he'd been awake the whole time. "Grab the knife, let's go."

After getting the said knife from the glove box, Five grabbed Alexa's arm and jumped them both into Lance's car, which startled him. "Oh, Jesus!"