17│CLEAR & PRESENT DANGER

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴛʜᴇ ʙ. ʙ. ᴇꜰꜰᴇᴄᴛ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴄʟᴇᴀʀ & ᴘʀᴇsᴇɴᴛ ᴅᴀɴɢᴇʀ ꒱ 

❝ I MADE A CALL. THAT'S
WHAT A LEADER DOES ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Wednesday, 8:15 a.m. (again)

"Hold on. Hold the phone. We all died fighting this thing the first time around. Remember?" Klaus asked.

"Klaus, shockingly, has a point. What gives us a win this time?"

Just then, blue light shone around the room and startled the Hargreeves siblings. Alexa almost dropped her coffee cup in shock. As the blue light faded, they stared at the fifteen-year old boy in surprise as he had seemed to appear from nowhere.

"You guys, am I still high or do you see him too?" Klaus asked.

"Five, where have you been?" Luther demanded.

The boy tumbled off his precarious landing and Alexa— being the closest to him— immediately leapt forward and helped him up gently. As he stumbled to his feet, she asked worriedly, "are you alright? Who did this?"

He barely spared her a glance and shook off her concern in favor of retrieving the untouched coffee cup from her hand. "Irrelevant," he commented. After downing the entire cup of coffee, he turned back to his siblings. "So, the apocalypse is in three days. The only chance we have to save our world is, well, us."

"The Umbrella Academy," Luther clarified.

Five snorted. "Yeah, but with me, obviously. So if you don't get your sideshow acts together and get over yourselves, we're screwed. Who cares if Dad messed us up? Are we gonna let that define us? No. And to give us a fighting chance to see next week, I've come back with a lead. I know who's responsible for the apocalypse. This is who we have to stop."

Allison took the paper he was waving around and opened to read the name. "Harold Jenkins?"

"Who the hell is Harold Jenkins?" Diego asked.

"I don't know yet but I do know that he's responsible for the apocalypse. So we have to find him and we have to do it now."

Alexa frowned at the lack of information as she ran her fingers through her short blonde hair— an act she only did when she was supremely agitated. None of her siblings noticed her habit, though as Luther asked, "how is he connected to what's gonna happen?"

"I don't know," was the response.

Alexa studied the boy with a calculating look. "These are a lot of unknowns, Five. You only know his name, that's it?"

Five rolled his eyes at the woman's concern. "That's enough."

"There's probably dozens of Jenkinses," Diego pointed out helpfully.

The boy seemed unconcerned as he answered, "well, we just better start looking, then."

"Am I the only one that's skeptical here? I mean, how exactly do you know all of this about what's his name?" Allison asked.

"Harold Jenkins," Alexa provided.

"You know those lunatics in masks who attacked the house?" Five asked.

"Oh, yeah, I think I remember those guys," Klaus murmured.

"Yeah, the ones that attacked us while you were getting drunk."