Lost Promise| KomaHina Oneshot

The quiet of the breeze, the light of the sun creeping across walls and brightening the room. In the middle of it all, sat two boys. One, bound by his own body to a bed. The other, reading out loud, his soft voice filling the room and overtaking the quiet beeps of machinery. No longer children, but not yet teens, they laughed and joked as if the world outside revolved around them.

      "What's going on in school right now?" The boy with hair, shining golden from the sun, and eyes big with excitement. The other gazed thoughtfully before responding,"We're holding a concert. We're all participating and I'm not very excited," the brunette confessed, placing the book to the side. A curious look passed over the bed-ridden boy's face,"Why?" He questioned, studying every detail of the other." Because you won't be there, and I'll be lonely to sing without you," A big grin crossed across the white haired boy's face,"Then teach it to me, and I can sing it with you!" He said happily."Just the chorus,"The brunette gave in.

Fly me to the moon

And let me play among the stars

Let me see what spring is like

On Jupiter and Mars~

     "Oh that's so nice! What would the moon look like?" The sickly boy inquired, humming the tune softly, awaiting the answer."Boring. Ah! Ko! What if we make a city on the moon! We'd make it the best city ever, and we could rule it together!" The other suddenly cheered." When we get older, can we both go to the moon? Can you promise me?" He asked, sticking out his pinky and holding it there expectantly. The white haired boy reached up, interlocking their pinkies."It's a promise!" He said softly.

      So many people. Dull colors littered the room. The sun hadn't woken up yet, calling life to work. And yet, tears ran down his little face. Machinery was spread across the room, and once where a happy boy laid, laid a pale boy. This boy couldn't raise a finger, nor could he prevent the hurt inside his head. That's what made it so very scary. He was in pain, and there was nothing he could do to stop it except whisper lies. With a heavy heart, he leaned down, feeling the boy's weak hand brush against his cheek."G..Go to the moon for me," He murmured and fell silent.

No

Beep

Wake up

Beep

We were going there together

Beeeeep

You promised

...

you promised

      A smile crossed the boy's face, staring into the vast darkness surrounding him. Gray rock grazed his feet as feathers fell behind his back. He gazed down at the blue and green planet, eyes focused on one spot in particular. On a single brunette, sleep walking through his life, weighed by the loss he had faced when he was oh so young. A soft smile settled on his face as he watched the boy progress.

I can wait. Then we'll rule the moon together.

Like we promised