2. She

Riku turns his head towards Gaku behind him. His eyes shine in the dark with the colour of crimson blood. Startled, Gaku back away from Riku a few steps before nodding. Riku understands that he is scared but this moment is important.

"Please understand, Gaku," Riku monologue as he pleads with the big doe eyes.

Understood, Gaku raises his hand towards the woman he saw when they ran out of the shop. Riku nod and pull the sleeve of Gaku's shirt and pull him towards the swing. He takes out a notebook and pencil he manages to slip out.

"Gaku, I want you to help get that woman's attention."

Raising an eyebrow, he wondered on what actually happened. Reluctant to ask, he agrees without any plan on the mind. That is when Riku shows his note. His plan is ridiculous yet the wisest idea an adult can come out with. Then again, how does he know the idea is an adult type of level?

Turn his head towards the woman and Riku, he confuses. What would happen if he leaving the redhead alone? Wondered, how can after a few hours of meeting the redhead, he feels safe and longing towards the boy?

"Hey Riku, " he calls the redhead. "Have we ever met before?" Riku flinches with the sudden question. He turns his head before glance back at the woman to make sure she didn't go anywhere far.

"I'm sure fate will do it spell."

Riku sits on the swing and looks at his feet. Sighing, Gaku does just like the plan. If Riku wanted to get the woman's attention, fine. He'll do it at any price. "Hey mute!" He shouts out of his lung.

The woman turns her head around and scream. Gaku looks angry and pulling Riku's hair with all his might. "Don't you ever heard of a person's properties?!"

The woman is run towards them. "Don't you hurt that child!" She screams as she manages to shove Gaku off and embrace Riku with a tight hug. "How can you do that to this helpless child?!"

Gaku clicks his tongue and walks away, leaving the two of them. Riku smile and give a thumb up secretly. Riku is the one to ask for him to listen.

"Are you okay?" The woman asks with a soft gentle voice. Riku started his act. This is the result of his time living together with Yamato. Never thought this knowledge is useful in this current time.

"A..." This inability to talk reminds her of the previous incident. "Hey mute!" That shout makes her said. She sympathy the young child with his fate. Ah... Remind her again of her situation when she comes here.

"You can use your note, you know?"

Reluctant but give in. He takes out the note and writes. The woman realizes this child handwriting is good for the eye to see. Maybe his everyday use of write made the child writing nice and neat.

"Sorry for troubling you and thank you for saving me."

The woman shook her head. She gives a warm smile yet fake for her. Indeed she has a soft spot for children but her situation doesn't give any better. She has been trying to avoid her child and husband but saving and try to be soft for another child? Not she can do better stranger.

"My name's Musubi. Takanashi Musubi. What's yours?"

Riku flips the note on the page he wrote his name when he first met Gaku. He smiles and hugs her. The sudden move makes her flinch and scared. Her trust for a stranger is long gone. Now, a child she saves is hugging her?