9. Root

8 years later

Time flies by and now Riku is eighteen. Currently, just like the original timeline, he is in Tokyo. He leaves all behind in his hometown.

He remembers about the day when his brother left. This time again, he can't change it. But he won't cry. Not any longer.

Their parents both Riku and Tenn love are now no longer beside them to support. Otoharu had messaged him before about his idol activities. Riku only replied with when the older man has the other people in the group.

The event where he met with all the important people in the past now become weirder. True, he actually grateful for whoever does that but now, its trouble him.

"Walks using your eyes, you kid!" A man shouts to Riku when the redhead bumped into him.

Riku bows his head slowly and walks away leaving the man with fire. He knows that leave it like that means he looking for trouble but it can't bother him now.

Currently is rainy on the night time. People running everywhere to search for a place to wait. While Riku is walking without any destination and umbrella in hand.

Riku stops when he saw a big screen on one of the buildings. He saw his brother, Tenn, singing in a part of his group called TRIGGER. People around the place screening on happiness when they see the member moment.

"Kyaa!!! Gaku!"

Crack!

Riku faces his front back and walks away. He forgot that whenever people happy about something that is related to him, his heart will take action and effects.

But seeing how his brother and Gaku both smiling on the stage with happiness, Riku can't stop himself from smiling too. Ryuu cannot be left out too, Riku remembers the time when they accidentally bumped into each other on the street.

Riku pretend he didn't see the Ryuunosuke, instead, he sees the stranger. Hoping that it will not cost any trouble.

Crack!

Slowly, he walks to the stage he will sing with the other member for their debut. Time still on the night, rain becomes heavier.

"Ha, a deal? Funny, do you think I will make a deal with a monster?"

Kujou Takamasa voice resonance in his mind again and again. The words are different than the previous life but it still holds the same meaning.

"I wonder if I will think of you as interesting. Your deal is not bad but not my taste."

Riku closes his eyes. He opens them again and faces the night sky. Raindrops down on his face but he ignores it.

"Riku, you will help me with my job and others when the time comes, right?"

He opens his mouth this time. Actually, Riku can no longer sing. His voice has given up on him. After three years since the day, he met Tsukumo Ryo, his voice started to become lower and lower.

It's to the point it's now so low that no sound can be heard. Riku gives up too when he knows about his condition but now when the time is about to begin and Otoharu keeps pestering him into joining them, he can't.

He opens them again, his mouth. He tried to sing, but no matter what his voice is just like thin air.

"Please... Just this once... I want to convey my words... I can't hold it anymore, " Riku monologue and his eyes become redder. Riku is... Crying.

Riku opens his mouth again but as before, nothing. Riku slump down on the wet stage. Riku holds his hand on his pants while he's crying.

"Please..." He continues to monologue. "Leave me... Out of this, " he continues again.