chapter four

I walked out of the Hospital Wing, Harry close behind me, and entered the Great Hall. My brother and I split ways, me going to the Slytherins, him going to the Gryffindors. When I sat down next to Star, I looked around to see Slytherin banners hanging from the walls.

The room of people quieted as Professor Dumbledore began speaking. "Great job to Slytherin, who had won the most amount of House points, but due to recent events, there have been points added to certains Houses!" he shouted. "To Miss Y/n Potter, fifty points, for showing immense bravery and skill. To Miss Hermione Granger, forty points, for the amazing intelligence she had. For Mister Ronald Weasley, forty points, for Hogwarts' greatest game of Wizards Chess! Mister Harry Potter will earn fifty points, for his amazing act of bravery."

Star turned to me. "That ties Gryffindor with us."

"And last but not least, I award ten points to Mister Neville Longbottom for his act of courage. It takes a lot to stand up against your friends."

I heard a round of curses go around the Slytherin table as we realised who just won the House cup.

"This calls for a change of decoration!" Dumbledore clapped and the silver and green banners became red and gold.

~~~

Time passed once again. We were back at the Dursleys', since it was summer, and I hated it even more than I did before.

I walked back upstairs as Harry followed me. Uncle Vernon had banished us to our bedrooms for the night, without feeding us, because he had company once again.

I sighed and entered our room. Just as I went to flop down on my bed, Harry stopped me, pointing to a strange creature sitting in my place. 

Turning to Harry, I opened my mouth to speak, but was interrupted. I looked back at the creature on my bed.

"I'm here to give you a warning. Harry and Y/n Potter must not go to Hogwarts!" he said.

"Why not?" Harry asked.

"Something bad will happen at Hogwarts this year."

"What are you talking about? You can't stop us from going back to Hogwarts!" I cut in.

The creature, which I was starting to think was a House-elf, began to hit his head on the wall repeatedly. "I-I'm afraid I mustn't say any more, but you cannot go back!"

"Wait! At least tell us your name!" Harry said.

"M-my name is Dobby the House-elf!"

We nodded, about to ask another question, but Dobby then Disapparated downstairs, disappearing with a pop. We ran down there and saw him levitating a cake over the guest's head. He turned around, a threatening look on his face. "You must not return to Hogwarts!" he whispered harshly. 

"Dobby! Don't do it!" Harry whispered.

The House-elf snapped his fingers and the cake fell on top of the woman's head. A slight giggle escaped my lips before it was immediately replaced by fear.

"What the devil was that?" Uncle Vernon said through gritted teeth. Dobby disappeared before anyone else saw him, and we stared at the cake atop the guest's head.

Just as Uncle Vernon was about to say something else, two large barn owls swooped into the house. They both dropped letters into our open hands. I looked at Harry, fear in my eyes.

We slowly opened the letters and read them.

Dear Miss Potter,

We have received intelligence that a hover charm was used at your place of residence this evening at twelve minutes past nine.

As you know, underage wizards are not permitted to perform spells outside school, and further spellwork on your part may lead to expulsion from said school (Decree for the Reasonable Restriction of Underage Sorcery, 1875, Paragraph C).

We would also ask you to remember that any magical activity that risks notice by members of the non-magical community (Muggles) is a serious offence under section 13 of the International Confederation of Warlocks' Statute of Secrecy.

Enjoy your holidays!

Yours sincerely,

Mafalda Hopkirk

Mafalda Hopkirk

IMPROPER USE OF MAGIC OFFICE

Ministry of Magic

Harry and I gulped.

Uncle Vernon dragged us upstairs. After the guests left, which was soon because of the cake, he put bars over our windows and a lock on our door, locking us in our rooms.

~~~

A yawn escaped my mouth as my eyes fluttered open. The ceiling was dark, and I heard Harry's soft snores, meaning it was night. A light started growing on the ceiling, too fast to even be close to the sunrise.

An engine revved next to the window, and I quickly shot up from my bed. I opened the window and saw Ron and his two brothers, Fred and George, in a flying blue car.

"Ron?"

"Guys, it's the right house!" Ron said excitedly. Fred and George looked at me, pointed to Harry, who was still sleeping, and started driving away. They stopped after a few short paces and hooked something to the bars covering the window.

I turned to Harry and shook him awake. We grabbed our clothes, animals, and anything else we would need for Hogwarts and packed quickly.

A loud bang sounded from outside as the bars were pried off of the wall. The flying car sped towards us and paused in front of the window. Fred opened the door closest to us and started grabbing our trunks.

Footsteps began clambering around inside of the house, and Harry and I hurried up. The door to our room slammed open just as we closed the car door and zoomed away.

Without looking back, Ron drove/flew us over the city and to the Burrow, where he lived. He seemed slightly ashamed of his house, which was far out in the country, rickety, and tall, but I loved it. It felt like more of a home than the Dursleys' ever did, even though this was my first time there.