halloween special

hii !! it's uhh,, it's been a hot second since i've written anything harry potter related. also- i keep promising a star x reader one shot,, i swear it's coming soon (in reality i havent started working on it though oops). i,, i'll get to it eventually lmao. this is also going to feature some gay star because why not

(also draco hanging out with kids)

anywayy, happy halloween !! i know this is early but hEy at least i'm getting something done instead of putting it off lmao

this is a non-canon halloween one-shot because i love halloween !! and you guys love draco malfoy !! so why not put the two together lol

~~~

"Wait, so, what's the point of this again?" Draco asked, holding the white sheet out in front him and looking at it questionably.

"To dress up!" I explained with a smile. It was Halloween, so I was beyond excited to run around like a child and get candy from the houses in this random neighbourhood. (Star picked it out. The moment I mentioned that we needed to find a neighbourhood to go trick-or-treating in, she grabbed a map and pointed to a random neighbourhood in London. And now, we were there.)

"But . . . why?"

"To have fun!"

"And get candy," Star added, holding up her small, empty pillowcase, "which I am severely lacking in right now. Let's
get a move on and get some candy!"

I turned back to Draco, and Star started marching down the street, joining a pack of children dressed in random superhero costumes. Draco was standing there, still observing the white sheet with confused eyes.

"It's okay, love," I said softly, putting my hand on his shoulder and giving it a reassuring squeeze. "You can let yourself have fun. You've been through a lot these past few years—you deserve something fun like this. Oh, and candy. Lots of candy."

"I don't know, Y/n, it just . . . it feels weird, letting myself enjoy things when I know I hurt so many people when I was following Voldemort—"

"Voldemort's not here anymore, Draco. Don't worry about him, or what you did when you were following his leadership. You had to do what you had to do in order yo avoid getting hurt by him."

"But, still."

"The fact that you feel bad for the things you did already says that you're more mature than all of the Death Eaters combined. Hell, you're more mature than some of the Order, honestly. But, love, you're not a bad person."

A small, sad smile tugged at his lips, and he reached for my hand, kissing it gently. "I'm so lucky to have found someone as amazing as you."

"So . . . is it time to go trick-or-treating?"

"Yeah, I think so."

I grinned up at him and grabbed for his white sheet, pulling it over his head softly. "Hmm, is that good? Can you see?"

Draco nodded. "It's good."

"Okay!" I threw my own white sheet over myself and suddenly, we were two totally spooky ghosts. I took Draco's hand under my sheet and held it, giving you it reassuring squeezes every now and then as I led him through the neighbourhood.

~~~

After almost an hour of walking from house to house and collecting candy, Draco and I both had our pillowcases mostly full. As we were glancing down at our bags of candy, we nearly ran into Star, who was walking with the same group of children-superheroes and a girl in a full deer costume, complete with long horns on her head and roses in her hair, as well as adorable face paint and makeup on her face.

"Oh, Y/n! Draco!" Star said, smiling. She had spent over two hours working on her spooky zombie makeup before we left to go trick-or-treating, so it was funny seeing her so smiley with all of the scary effects on her face. "Meet Heather!" She turned to her friend, stopping in place. The kids around her and Heather also stopped walking and turned to look up at Star. "Heather, this is my brother, Draco, and his girlfriend—also, my best friend—Y/n."

We smiled at her nicely, but Draco kept eyeing the little children, who were now gathering at his feet and staring up at him. One of the kids tugged at the end of Draco's sheet and said, "Mister, I think it's cute how you and your girlfriend have matching costumes! My friends and I are matching too!"

"Uh, thank you," Draco said, kneeling down so he could be eye-level with the child. "What's your costume?"

"I'm Batman!" she said happily. "My friends didn't want me to be Batman 'cause he's a boy, but my mommy said I can be whatever I wanna be! Plus, Batman's cool! He slips through the night like a bat, and bats are, like, really cute."

"That's great," he answered hesitantly, still trying to figure out the best ways to respond to the small child in front of him. "Batman is super cool, just like you!"

The child let out a happy shout and turned back to her friends, rejoining the group. Star grinned at me as Draco stood back up to his real height.

"Um, who's Batman?" he asked.

"He's basically a really rich and smart superhero. He wears all black and fights crime in, uhh, Gotham City," I said, recalling everything that Hermione and Ron had told me last week when we got tea with Harry. "Also, I didn't realize you were so good with kids."

"I'm not," he answered, rubbing the back of his neck. "I've not interacted with any in a long time."

"Hm. Well, you're good at it."

I couldn't see Draco's smile due to the ghost costume, but I could tell he was grinning due to the way his grey-blue eyes lit up through the small holes in his sheet.

~~~

Eventually, we called it a night and started walking out of the neighbourhood. Star and Heather walked all of their new young friends home before joining me and Draco, and then we made our way back to my and Draco's apartment (by a bus, rather than by Apparating, since Heather was a Muggle). Once we arrived and were through the door, we sat in a circle in the living room and started digging through our candy, picking and choosing our favorites from the jumbled mix of sweet we received.

Quickly, we were trading candies between one another, trying to bargain for the best deals as well as the best candy. Star refused to give up her M&M's for anything less than three bags of Skittles, at least until Heather offered her a pack of Nerds and a kiss on the cheek for a single bag of M&M's. (Star accepted the deal quickly.)

While Heather and Draco were trading some of their candies, I leaned towards Star and whispered, "So, is Heather the reason you chose that specific neighbourhood?"

Star's face flushed. "Ah, maybe."

I laughed quietly, covering my smile with my hand. "It's understandable. She seems nice."

My friend grinned sheepishly, looking at Heather with wide, lovey-dovey eyes. "Yeah."

Once the conversation and candy trading dwindled down to almost nothing, Star and Heather headed out, leaving us alone together. I looked over at Draco, a wide smile on my face, and said, "Well, how was your first Halloween? Did you have fun?"

"Yeah, I did," he answered, running a hand through his bag of candy. "It was . . . really nice. Thank you."

"Of course, love. I'm glad you had fun. That's what Halloween is about! Oh, and the candy. Can't forget the candy."

Draco laughed and took my hand in his own, pulling me in for a hug from that. "Really, though, thank you. I had a lot of fun tonight."

I kissed his cheek, which was the only place I could reach from in the hug. "I'm glad, Draco."

"I love you, Y/n."

"I love you too."

🎉 You've finished reading 𝙛𝙤𝙤𝙡𝙨 (𝖽𝗋𝖺𝖼𝗈 𝗆𝖺𝗅𝖿𝗈𝗒 𝗑 𝗋𝖾𝖺𝖽𝖾𝗋) 🎉