chapter six

I sighed as I looked at a list of questions, all about Lockhart. I clenched my teeth and turned to Star, who sat next to me, looking just as annoyed as I did.

"Full marks to Miss Hermione Granger! Remembered every detail! Ten points to Gryffindor!" Lockhart said with a flashing smile.

"And now, down to business," Lockhart said, pulling out a large cage with a purple cover on it. "Now, be warned!" he said, voice changing to one of suspense. "It is my job to arm you against the foulest creatures known to wizardkind! You may find yourself facing your worst fears in this room. Know that no harm can befall you whilst I am here. All I ask is that you remain calm. I must ask you not to scream. It may provoke them." He dramatically pulled off the cover of the cage, waving his arm. "Yes, Freshly caught Cornish pixies!"

Laughter erupted around the room.

"Well, they're not very dangerous, are they?" a Gryffindor asked, snickers within his voice.

"Don't be so sure! Devilish tricky little blighters they can be!" Lockhart said, waggling a finger annoying at the boy. I rolled my eyes at Star. She matched my expression, obviously fed up with the teacher already.

Without warning, Lockhart opened the cage. The tiny, purple pixies flew out of the cage, ready for chaos. I watched as Lockhart ran out of the room.

The pixies went around, destroying things, pulling on people's ears and hair, and hanging on the chandelier. A few pixies lifted up another Gryffindor by the ears and hung him on the chandelier by the back of his robes.

The chandelier started stretching under the weight of the boy. Suddenly, it crashed down and shattered, spreading glass shards and metal across the floor. Star and I jumped up onto the desk, wands in our hands, ready to fight the pixies.

"Star, Y/n!"

She and I both turned around to see Draco standing in the door to the classroom. He waved his wand, motioning to us to leave the classroom. Star turned to me and I shrugged. I followed her out of the room.

"Thanks, Draco," Star said.

He only nodded in response.

~~~

Star and I walked down the hall, heading back to our common room when we stopped, seeing Harry, Ron, and Hermione all standing next to each other, facing the wall.

I turned to see what they were staring at, and gasped, my eyes widening.

On the wall, in big, bloody letters, were, "The Chamber of Secrets has been opened. Enemies of the heir, beware."

And right under it, was a cat, hanging by its tail from a peg on the wall.

"Enemies of the Heir, beware! You'll be next, Mudbloods!" he shouted.

"Malfoy! Quiet," yelled a professor. "Everyone, return to your Houses at once."

I faced Star, eyes wide with concern. She shook her head, showing that she had no clue what was going on, either. When we got back to the Slytherin common room, we immediately went to our dorms.

~~~

Months passed, and suddenly, I found myself standing here, in front of the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets. Harry nodded, and I pushed Professor Lockhart, a phony git, into the entrance first. After a few seconds and screams, he yelled, "Ow! It's safe down here."

I rolled my eyes and jumped in. Pain shot up my legs as I landed on my feet, but I was alive. When I looked at my surroundings, I saw bones, dirt, and dirty walls. We were in the sewer system.