chapter forty-six

"We need help finding Ravenclaw's diadem," Harry said to the room. "We don't know where it is or what it looks like."

"There's a version of it in Ravenclaw Tower," Luna said. "I can show you."

"I'll go," Harry said.

Luna started walking to a door at the side of the room, Harry close behind.

Ron and Hermione ran off to find a way to destroy Hufflepuff's goblet. I turned to Star. "Let's go help set up protections at the gates. Everyone else, stay here!"

Star and I ran out of the room through the same doorway Luna had gone in. We entered the empty hallway and crept toward the front entrance, trying to avoid any Death Eaters in the halls.

I stopped to listen. I heard footsteps coming and I ducked behind the knight armour on the wall. Star ran to hide by a large vase. 

Yaxley walked into sight, scowling and holding his wand. As he passed us, he stopped. "Who's there?"

I held my breath, praying that he didn't notice me.

Yaxley laughed. "Fine, fine. If you won't come out, I'll make you!"

"Stupefy!" Star yelled, jumping out from behind the vase as she Stunned Yaxley. The vase shattered and he froze.

"Nice!" I said, leaving the armour.

Star walked to Yaxley and broke his wand.

We continued walking and soon we were at the entrance. I grabbed one of the doors and opened it, then we went through it.

Star and I took off running toward the gate. Everything around us looking normal; the lights were on in the castle, the courtyard was completely empty, and everything was quiet.

I jumped from the sudden sound of someone Apparating. I turned around, ready to fight, but calmed when I saw Tonks and Lupin.

Tonks walked through the gate. "Y/n!"

"Hi, Tonks."

"Did Lupin tell you about the baby?"

"Yes! He stopped by the Shell Cottage to tell us about Teddy. How is he?"

"He's doing alright." Tonks lowered her voice. "Will you promise me something?"

"Yes."

"If something happens to me and Lupin during the battle, could you take Teddy in?"

"Of course I will," I said sadly, "but you'll be okay."

"I hope so. Are you and your friend putting protections around the castle?"

"We are."

Tonks nodded and walked back to Lupin, raising her wand. "Protego Maxima!"

As we casted protection spells, more members from the Order joined us.

Professor McGonagall ran out of the doors with Harry and Professors Flitwick, Slughorn, and Sprout.

"We'll take over the spells," Professor McGonagall said. "Go into the Great Hall. I'll join you soon."

Harry, Star, and I dashed back into the castle, meeting Molly and Arthur Weasley as we did. Fred and George were joking with each other as usual.

Students from each house were filling into the Great Hall, chatting worriedly. Star and I sat with Harry at the Gryffindor table, trying to stay calm amid the chaos.

Professor McGonagall quickly walked into the Hall. "Evacuation will be lead by Mr Filch and Madam Pomfrey, and when I call your House you will go, in an orderly fashion, to the evacuation point."