Chapter 5; Operation Springtrap

(Your POV)

My stupid alarm went off, telling me I needed to get my fat ass up. I sat up and popped every joint I could. I go through my daily routine; strip, shower, brush, and dress. Fixing up my tie, I head down the hall. I hear my tv and turn the corner, letting out a startled shriek when Springtrap was right there. I clutched my chest panting.

"Oh my lord! Springtrap! You startled me!" I yell, catching my breath.

"S-so-sorry (y/n)..." he replied, apologetically.

I shake my head and grab my shoes. Tying the laces and grabbing my bag, I say, "Come on, Springtrap. Let's get you back the Fazbear's Fright." He hesitantly walked to the door and followed me to my car. He got in the passenger seat and somehow fit. He buckled up and sighed as I drove out of my driveway.

There was silence. Complete and utter silence. I turned on the radio to a station that played music from the 70's and 80's since that was all Springtrap could remember. Don't Stop Me Now by Queen came on and his entire energy changed. He started to sing, though he wasn't too good. The song ended and I could tell he was happy. But then we pulled up to attraction. His energy quickly changed from happy to sad. I didn't think much of it so I shrugged it off.

We step out and quickly head to the back door, where the office is. I took out my keys and unlocked the door. Springtrap stood behind me, looking around at the sky, dazzled. I motion him inside. I sit at my desk and doodle in a sketchbook from my book bag. Since I had about 20 minutes until my shift started, I started to sketch the things around me. Springtrap peered over my shoulder and seemed impressed. Just as I was explaining to Springtrap what I was doing, my boss walked in.

He had a look of horror on his face.

"What in the actual fuck!?" He screamed, "What the hell is that thing, (y/n)!?"

"Um... d-don't panic! This is Springtrap, he's an animatronic from the old pizzeria.." I quickly replied.

"Oh... so it's just a prop?"

"Y-yessir. Phone dude found someone to fix his programming so he can walk around in the attraction. Cool, isn't it?"

Mr. Cawthon nodded his head, "Okay, (y/n). Just don't slack off. We open Monday so you need to be prepared."

I nod my head and put my sketchbook in my book bag. He gives me a thumbs up and walks out, locking the door. I exhale deeply, now more relaxed after my boss left. After hearing his car start and leave, I pull my sketchbook out and continue doodling. After a while, I caught myself drawing Springtrap. He wasn't in the office though, he was down the hall ruining things to make it look grosser than it already was.

I smile softly at the sketches, wondering how I came across such a kind... being. I stopped sketching and looked at the cameras to find my buddy ol' pal. I checked everywhere but I couldn't find him. I did find in the beginning of the attraction, a fire, quickly engulfing the building. I scream in terror, as Springtrap crawls from the vent next to me. I grab his arm and start pulling at him. He didn't budge. I let go and grab my things, I could feel the heat getting closer. I grab his arm again and start screaming, "Springtrap let's go!! I'm gonna die in here!" Tears were streaming down my face as I smelled the disgusting smoke. He removed his arm from my grasp and looked down at me.

"Go." he said in such a calm yet raspy voice.

I looked at him with shock. I shake my head and plead but to no avail. He picked me up like I was nothing. I wriggled and squirmed in his grasp, trying to release myself, without success. He walked to the exit door and turned the knob, breaking the lock. He set me outside but I ran and grabbed his waist.

"Why... why are you doing this yourself?!"

I yell, my voice slightly muffled by the roaring flames. He said nothing and pushed me away, his robotic eyes showing pain. He tried to close the door, forgetting it was broken. I opened it and pulled on his arm, "Springtrap, why?!!" I scream, my throat aching.

He froze in his tracks and looked back at me.

"William..." he mumbled. I give him a questioning look. I was going to say something but he interrupted me,

"My name is William .. And I'm here to pay for my sins." My face scrunched up, Paying for his sins??? What did he do???

"William, what did you do??? You don't need to do this!!"

He sighed, "I was the one that murdered all those children..."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Was he... the Freddy Fazbear Killer? That's not possible.. This sweet man... I looked into his eyes and all I saw was pain. I show him a caring smile and he seemed to give one back but took my hand off his arm and walked toward the flames.

I scream, "WILLIAM! COME BACK!!! P-please.."

He turned his head around and looked me in the eyes. He saw my tear streaked face, the pain in my eyes, my legs buckling. He could somehow hear my sobs and coughs. He turned around and walked towards me. At this point, I collapsed on the ground, the sobs and smoke taking all my energy. He stopped in front of my and picked me up, holding me close to his rotting chest. He walked out of the attraction and put me in the car. Having more air, I pull out my phone and call the cops. I tell them the location and within 2 minutes, the firefighters arrive. Springtrap, or William, was able to fit himself in the back seats so he wouldn't be seen.

The fire was finally put out the fire after 15-20 ish minutes. Afterwards, the cops interrogated me, asking me questions like 'what were you doing when it started?'; 'how did it start?'; 'was anyone else with you when it happened?', things like that. I told them the truth... kinda, 'I was working, flipping through the cameras.'; 'faulty wiring, I mean, it's an old building.'; 'no, the only person that was there was my boss but that was at the beginning of my shift.'

They finally let me go when my boss arrived. He looked so upset, I felt horrible... but it was already done. I went to the nearest abandoned parking lot and parked, slamming my head on my steering wheel.

"I'm so fucked... I'm gonna get fired..." I cried softly. I heard the back door open and close. The front passenger door opened and Springtrap sat in the front seat. He put his hand on my back and I flinched. I looked up at him, tears running down my face.

"You're gonna be okay (y/n).. I promise." his voice was reassuring and I could hear the soft smile. I smile softly and wipe my face. He presses the radio button and the song Julie, Do Ya Love Me by Bobby Sherman was playing. I take a deep breath and take the car out of park and start driving home.

E N D