Chapter Eight: A Familiar Taste of Poison

(A/N please please plEASE tell me if you prefer William or Springtrap when I talk about him. And I always love feedback from you guys. Also please check out my youtube channel Little Miss Horror, I'm trying to get to 100 subscribers. ^^ thank you for your time, now onto your regularly scheduled program)

(Springtrap/ William POV)

We were in the car making our way to the new location. So much has changed since I left. (Y/N) wanted to turn the radio to old songs from the 70's and 80's, like "Should I Stay or Should I Go" by Tom Petty and "Every Breath You Take" by The Police, but I insisted we listen to today's music. It was a little strange but it's good. I took a liking to a song by... DaBaby (which is an odd name but I've heard weirder like the Circle Jerks) called "Suge."

I had fun bonding in the car with her music. And I could tell she was having fun, too. Tapping the steering wheel to the beat, screaming lyrics, laughing afterwards. Her smiling after being so down since she met me made heart happy. In the small car, I felt like I was on top of the world. The music drowned out and all I heard was her laughing and singing. I experienced pure bliss. I started to have flashbacks of my past. My daughter, my sons, my wife. All the good times we had before I snapped. Looking back on the memories made me forget where I was until the car door slammed shut.

I jerked my head and looked around. (Y/N) was outside the car waiting for me, waving her hand to call me out. I quickly unbuckle my seat belt and step out, looking at the building. A building that was all too familiar.

(Your POV)

I stand and wait for him to get out, smiling widely. He takes one look at the restaurant and goes back into the car. I tilt my head and go to his door, the cool late night breeze brushing against my skin. I open the door.

"What's wrong, man?" I questioned softly.

He looks at me nervously and shakes his head, "Nothing, let's go."

I furrow my eyebrows but shrug it off. I step back and he hops out of the car. Handbag in... hand, we walk to the entrance. My boss texted me saying there was a key under the mat for me. Well that's not responsible, I thought. I lift up the Freddy Fazbear Pizzeria mat and take the key that was underneath. I unlock the door and open it. It was kinda cold when I walked in and Springtrap noticed as well. The place was lit up, the party room full of tables with party hats on them and funky shaped chairs. I look to my left and see the bathrooms. To my right, I can see a small stage with a purple star covered curtain with a sign that says "out of order". Next to that is a door that says EMPLOYEES ONLY in bold letters. In front of me I see the kitchen.

I walk further in and turn to see the main stage. On the stage were the main three: Bonnie the Bunny, Freddy Fazbear, and Chica the Chicken. They all had colored spotlights on them, each color to each respectively along with a green and pink light to add more color. The animatronics looked as if they were frozen in time. The music still played and all the lights were still on. It was really disturbing. I look at Springtrap and he looked terrified. I thought it was odd, hasn't he worked in places like this all his life? I grab his hand and he jumps, looking down at me. He smiles softly and relaxes. I give his hand a squeeze and let go, walking to the office.

Inside the doorway was a cobweb. I scrunch my nose and walk in. The old desk was in the front of the room with little monitors. On top of one of the displays, was a large, pink cupcake. Similar and almost exact to the cupcake in Chica's hand. A fan was also on the desk; it was old and almost identical to the one from where I used to work. There was a poster with the main three with the word "celebrate'' on the bottom and a bunch of poorly drawn kids drawing on the wall. Stuck to a screen on the desk, was a note from my boss:

''Hey (Y/N),

Before you start your shift, be sure to turn off the lights and music.

It will save the power supply. If the power goes out, there is a generator in a door in the back room. To turn off the lights, there is a switch in the back room. It is on a panel by the door I told you about. Be safe, and watch those cameras.

-SC''

Folding up the note, I walk to the back room to turn off the lights. I look back to not see Springtrap. I raise an eyebrow but keep going. I open the door and see heads upon heads. It was really creepy. On the table was a large skeleton made of metal. It was huge! Definitely bigger than me, a measly 5' 4". I see the door and the panel. Looking at the panel, i find the switch for the lights and music. I flip the switch and the light from behind me disappears along with the ambient music. Placing my hands on my hips, looking like I just finished a huge task that could take 3 years with 20 men, I walk back to the office.

Inside the office was Springtrap sitting in the chair, smiling, with the tablet in his hand. I lean against the doorway and smile.

"Boo." I say.

He jumps up and yelps. I laugh and usher him out of my seat. He gets up and leans against the lockers behind the chair. My watch beeps a few times to signal 00:00. I look at the tablet. To ruin the peaceful silence, the phone rang rudely. I jumped and almost fell out of the chair. A familiar voice spoke:

"Hello, hello? Uh, you'll do fine.

Uh, let's see, first there's an introductory greeting from the company that I'm supposed to read. Uh, it's kind of a legal thing, you know. Um, "

Blah blah blah, now that might sound bad, I know, but So, remember, and we need to show them a little respect, right? Okay.

So, just be aware, Uh...Something about their servos locking up if they get turned off for too long. But then there was .

Uh, now concerning your safety, the only real risk to you as a night watchman here, , is the fact that these characters, uh, if they happen to see you after hours probably won't recognize you as a person. without its costume on. So, you could imagine how having your head forcefully pressed inside one of those could cause a bit of .

. I'll chat with you tomorrow. Uh, , and Alright, good night."

I furrow my brow confused and scared. Scott never told me I had to survive. I start to tremble and look at the cameras. Springtrap looked scared but he seemed like that the entire time we were here.

"Will, a-are you okay?" I ask softly, not taking my eyes off the cameras.

"Yeah (Y/N)... I-I'm fine. Just nervous is all." his voice still raspy and wavy.

I try to start up a conversation, "So umm Will, how many of these things did you make?"

The air was tense and awkward. It took him a few minutes to respond.

"I didn't make these ones specifically but I have made quite a few. The ones I have made are definitely more elaborate than these. They had face plates and little discs that hide those plates with sound. They were amazing," he paused, "but that was a long time ago."

I felt horrible. He turned on the left light and slammed the door shut. I jump and fall.

"WHAT??? WHAT HAPPENED?!!!" I scream.

His breath was fast, "Bonnie... he was at the door. He was going to hurt us."

I breathe a sigh of relief and get up, the bell chiming 06:00. I open the door and see nothing and no sign of the enormous bunny. I shake my head and grab my things. This place is definitely more eventful than the horror attraction so there was no point to the sketchbook. I grab the key and start to head out, beckoning Springtrap to come with. He follows quickly. Exiting the hallway, I see everyone on the stage, right where they were.

(Springtrap POV)

(Y/N) already walked out the door but I stuck for a few seconds. Their bodies were so... eerie. Lifeless but soulful. Dead but alive. Beautiful but disturbing. As i go to leave, i hear a servo click. Then i hear a few more. I hear a curtain draw. I look back to see them all staring at me. Including foxy, he drew back his curtain to see me. I ran out of the restaurant quickly, not looking back.

E N D.