CHAPTER FOUR

Alex was forced to stay at home for the next few days

Alex was forced to stay at home for the next few days. After the event at the old greenhouse, the team didn't deem her healthy enough to be out and about. That time, she wasn't going to argue with them. She accepted that she was going to need more time than she hoped to be fully back on her feet.

Recovering from six months of being dead to the world was going to take more than a few days. Alex wasn't the only one with a health scare that night. After the team had discovered that there was not one, but fifty-two breaches scattered around Central City - Martin Stein had passed out due to high blood pressure.

Caitlin had quickly stabilized him, though he was also sent to rest for several days. Much like the younger blonde, he wasn't too keen on not being able to help the team. They were also aware that ultimately their health needed to come first. As much as neither of them wanted to admit it, they needed to stay off their feet.

That night, Alex had never felt so relieved that Barry was staying over with her. She was snuggled into his side and absorbing the heat that he was radiating off. After the scare that she had that day, Alexandra needed to know that she was safe by his side. Not once had she let go of him.

They had talked about it while laying side by side right after getting into their bed. As per usual, Alex had told him not to worry about her and that she was fine. Barry didn't believe it for a moment and told her that if they were going to be together that they needed to be open with each other.

So, Alex had talked for over an hour about how she feared that an event like that would happen again and that maybe next time she wouldn't be as lucky. Just because they had these extraordinary powers didn't mean that they were invincible. She told him that the pain that she felt that day was unbearable and that she never wanted to feel something like that again.

Barry listened to her the whole time, not once wavering from her expressing herself. He told her that he was scared that she wouldn't pull through next time. He didn't know what he would do without her, as a partner and otherwise. He relied on her for too many things and that was what horrified him even more.

They talked about how even though both of them were frightened about an occurrence like that again, that they needed to push through and fight for the city - not for themselves. Central City was a dangerous place that needed heroes to keep it safe, without them meta's would rule the city with no one to stop them.

It was late hours in the night, Barry was well asleep with quiet snores passing through him. Alex couldn't keep her eyes closed long enough to fall asleep. She didn't worry Barry about that the next morning. He was busy at STAR labs trying to figure out how the breach in their basement could be stabilized.

Alexandra tried to argue that she could help figure it out even though she already knew that she wouldn't be allowed to leave her apartment that day. She busied herself with cleaning it - something Barry obviously hadn't done very well while he had been there.