CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN

Cisco had released Savitar by accident

Cisco had released Savitar by accident. According to him, he had seen his brother, who had convinced him that by opening the box, he could save his life and bring him back from the dead. Savitar had gone right after Barry, and with Alex too injured from her previous fight with him, she was useless.

It was then that she had signaled for Wally that he was Barry's only hope. If Wally wanted to be Kid Flash, then that was his time to prove it. Joe was pissed as his son, but he had been the one to save Barry's life. Alex was not only proud of his accomplishments, but the bravery that he had.

Caitlin had talked Cisco into closing the box, returning Savitar back to wherever he goes. Alex was relieved to see her boyfriend and her best friend alive. They were both a little beat up, but nothing that a little bit of rest wouldn't fix. Alex raced to him - as fast as her sore body would let her.

Barry promised that he was okay and that she didn't need to worry. He was still more concerned with her health after her run in with the supposed God of Speed. Barry had ran to meet her and Jay where they were collapsed and barely able to move on the empty street and brought them back to the lab.

Alex was healing faster than Jay was - she blamed it on her youth. He was going to be okay as well, but it would just take a little bit more time. They were both mostly just shook up about the whole experience and the idea that they were rendered useless in less than a second against him.

The moment that she was back, safe in Barry's arm, was the moment that he was relieved. When she had disappeared in Savitar's hold, he was worried about her. He always was worried about her, especially when she continuously threw herself in front of danger. It wasn't something that he got used to.

Alex checked to make sure that Wally was okay after what happened to him. Physically, he was fine, but emotionally? He was upset that Joe couldn't accept that he wanted to help people like Barry and herself. It tore him apart that his family wouldn't let him be the person that he so wanted to.

"He'll come around, Wall," Alex tossed her arm over his shoulder. They were on their way to meet up with everyone else. Cisco had a plan that involved using Julian to get a better idea of who Savitar was and what he wanted with Barry. "He's just worried about you getting hurt - he doesn't want to see you end up like me."

"It's like he doesn't trust me enough," Wally sighed. It was tearing him apart knowing that Joe didn't want him being a hero.

"He does, I promise," Alex stopped him from walking right into the room. "I'm sorry that I didn't help you train earlier. If you really want, I can - even though Joe's gonna be mad. If you're going to do this hero gig, then I want you to do it right. HR doesn't know enough about a speedster to be the one to teach you all the tricks in the book."

"Really?" Wally's face lit up. He had been wanting her to train him from the start. But, she had been just as hesitant as the rest of them, and then the alien invasion happened and she just didn't have enough time. Now, she would make the time for him because she knew how much it would mean to him.