CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

"I don't know why I expected some Mad Max shit, but I'm kinda disappointed that I was wrong

"I don't know why I expected some Mad Max shit, but I'm kinda disappointed that I was wrong."

The team went to talk to Wells as he was in the pipeline to see why he did what he did. Zoom had taken his daughter captive and was forcing him to obtain Barry's speed. Although they were still mad at him, they had a better understanding of his reasoning.

Barry had made the decision that they would go to Earth-2 to help Wells save his daughter. Though it was his idea, the group all had a say in what they thought was best. In the end, they collectively decided that they couldn't let a whole world of people suffer in the hands of Zoom.

They closed all the breaches except for the one that was in STAR Labs. The plan to stop Zoom for good was finally being put into action. If things were to go according to plan, they would be back within the forty-eight hours they intended to stay on a different earth.

Cisco, Harry, Barry, and Alex all said their goodbyes to those staying. They knew that they would be back but there was always the chance that something would go wrong, especially when Zoom was involved. They didn't know what to expect going into Harry's Earth.

Alex had given a small letter to Caitlin. It was for Dylan in the chance that she didn't make it back to their Earth alive. In the letter, it contained everything she wanted to say to him to make their lives better. She apologized for everything she did to mess up his life.

The letter also told him that she was really Mirage. If she wasn't going to make it back alive, then he deserved to know the real truth about why she had changed so much in the past two years.

Alex grabbed the back of Cisco's shirt while Barry grabbed Harry's. The two speedsters held hands to connect them all. If Jay was right, the last thing they needed was to get stuck somewhere in the Speed Force and separate from each other.

They made it to Earth-2 safe and in awe. Their world, though quite similar, had very distinct difference. All the technology was much more advanced. They walked around in STAR Labs admiring everything that they were seeing.

The three stopped to take a selfie in front of the STAR Labs sign while Harry continued to his office. When he noticed that they had stopped they told them to hurry up and that it wasn't a sightseeing tour.

"Speak for yourself. I want my future godchild to know that I did cool things with their parents," Cisco disagreed while assuming that he would one day be the godparent to Barry and Alex's kids. Alex wanted to make a quip but another doctor had made himself known.

She didn't understand why Cisco and Barry were frightened by the man and stood normally beside Wells. Henry Hewitt, as he introduced himself, stuck his hand out for Alex to shake which she took. In the corner of her eye, she could see the two boys tense up.

They made their way up to Wells' office when Henry had enough of their off behavior. Barry explained that he had tried to taken on the partner of Martin Stein but had ended up becoming evil. Alex had been gone to see her brother during that time.