CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN

Alex stood out in the hallway for several minutes trying to compose herself

Alex stood out in the hallway for several minutes trying to compose herself. She was frustrated at Barry for lying to her and mad at herself for not being able to see it sooner. Whatever he had done, he had known that he had made a huge mistake. And to run off like that, without explanation?

Barry Allen could be an idiot from time to time but that didn't mean that she didn't forgive him every time he had messed up. She just wasn't sure if it was going to be the same thing this time around. Alex had no idea what he was doing this time to 'fix everything'. Whatever it was, he better give a damn good explanation for it all.

Alexandra walked back into the cortex with fists at her side and an angry face. The team immediately knew that their conversation didn't go well and had asked where he had run off to. Before she could tell them what she knew, Barry had run back into the room from a completely different direction that he left from.

"I need to tell you guys something," Barry announced. "The truth." He glanced nervously around at everyone and landed on a infuriated Alex. "Okay, um, after Zoom killed my dad, and we defeated him, I wasn't in a great space, and I thought that the only way I could fix that was if I saved my mom."

Alex had been the one to tell him to do it. She had been the one to say that he needed to do what made him happy and be selfish for once. And to be honest, she was fine with him making that choice even if it affected her own life. He knew that she would never be the person he wanted to be if he lived with that guilt.

Because to her, his happiness was way more important than her own, it always would be.

"You stopped the Reverse Flash from killing your mom?" Caitlin asked, but it was more looking for confirmation. Barry nodded his head. He avoided Alex's cold hard gaze. Even if she was the one that told him to do it, he had lied to her face the moment that he came back to her. That was what she was angry about, nothing else.

Wally asked if she was still alive at the moment. "She was, for a few months. I lived with my mom and dad. I had a completely different life - I wasn't even the Flash for most of it," Barry explained. He seemed happy as he was talking about his time in a completely different life. It made them wonder why he had changed it back.

"I don't understand, you created a completely different existence. How is that possible?" Wally raised an eyebrow. Barry grabbed a marker and began to explain how he had done it. There had been the previous timeline that they had all been on, and then another one with the one he created with saving his mom.

Iris asked him why he decided to leave that timeline. They were all wondering it and they were glad that she spoke up. Alex sat silently among the rest, there was still something else that he was hiding from them all, from her. Whatever it was, it wasn't good.

"Life started to spin out of control. This guy, Clariss, he was a speedster there too. He was known as the Rival, caused a lot of problems. So, um, I decided to run back in time again and let things happen as they were supposed to in hopes of resetting the time line, but... but, um, when I came back things weren't the same."