CHAPTER ELEVEN

Henry unfortunately left the team once again

Henry unfortunately left the team once again. He said his farewells to everyone, of course leaving his son for last. Alex was at Joe's with them before his departure. He had thanked her for reaching out to him, the visit was much needed for both Allen's.

There was a long hug between him and Alex. While the others stood around, he whispered to her that Barry picked a good choice with her and that he had never seen his son so happy before. Alex told him that she was the lucky one between the two.

The motivation that Henry gave Barry also seemed to help her as well. They constantly bounced feelings off of each other and when those feelings were good, it meant that there was no where to go but up.

They left to drop him off at the bus station shortly after that. Alex offered to drive him back once more but he refused saying that he didn't mind taking the bus and that there was no need to waste her time.

Of course, Alex didn't mind driving at all. She missed using her car quite often as much as she used to. A race hadn't been a thought on her mind since she woke up, and surprisingly she didn't miss it as much as she thought she would.

A scatter of photos had been around the table of Barry's childhood at Joe's. Alex couldn't help but pilfer through them without the eyes of anyone else around. It was ridiculous the baby fever she was having the past couple days. Between everything that Henry was saying and the pictures in front of her, she couldn't keep her eyes off of all the babies she passed by in the streets.

There was one of Barry grinning like a maniac with a massive sundae in front of him. He looked so happy, and not just because of the ice cream. His smile was the exact same as it was in the present. She loved that smile of his, though the past few weeks she had only seen in a few times.

Alex picked up a picture that had stood out to her. It was Barry and Iris sitting together on a newly installed fountain in the park of Central City. However, that wasn't what caught her eye, it was the fact that Alex and Dylan were posing not too far away from them and her father taking the picture. It was before he was sick, a time that he still had life left in his smile. She took the picture for herself, not thinking Joe would mind.

Alex left back to her home shortly after putting the pictures back in the case they were all in. Barry must have just walked in the door shortly before her, he was just pouring himself a glass of water. He didn't seem too upset over his father leaving once again.

"Hey bab-" Barry was cut off as Alex used her powers to teleport right in front of him. She nearly jumped into his arms while smashing her lips against his. He didn't think twice about swinging her around so her butt landed on top of the kitchen counter. She had never acted like that before. "What was that for?"

Alex had never gotten around to tell him the good news from the night before. As soon as they got back they went straight to bed. The two wore themselves out so quickly that staying up late was impossible.