CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE

"Alex!"

"Alex!"

Alexandra woke up in a start. Barry's face had been right over hers and he was trying his best to shake her awake. It took a second to remember what had happened but it all came back to her when she saw that they were all locked in cages. He helped her stand up out of the dirt.

"Let's get the hell out of here," Alex shuddered. She tried to use her powers to teleport herself and Barry out of the barred cage but had no success. Confused, she tried to use her speed. "I can't... Something's blocked my powers - what about you guys?"

Both Barry and Cisco had tried but had the same results that she had. Grodd must have done something to them to dampen their powers, it was the only possible way. Alex groaned and kicked against one of the bars, which had done no damage except to herself.

Footsteps echoed as someone came down the stairs. Alex didn't realize she was tensed up until her shoulders relaxed at the sight of Harry coming their way. He remained silent but seemed to be physically okay which was what mattered the most. At least they didn't have to scour the city to find him.

"Wells," Barry sighed. "Hey, you gotta get us out of here before the gorillas come back." Wells didn't say anything beside's Barry's hero name, which instantly threw them all off. This wasn't the Harry that they knew and loved. "Grodd. Let him go, this is between you and me."

Alex heard Cisco talking to Julian in the background about how Grodd could control other humans and speak through them. It was something that even she hadn't gotten used to yet. Too many times had Grodd tricked them with that, he controlled their friends too many times.

"I need him."

"For what? Why did you lure him here," Barry questioned again. He didn't understand the reasoning behind Grodd's plans, none of them did.

"For you. Need your help," Grodd told them. "You sent me here, remember? To live in this hell! Where I am forced to serve under the rule of Solovar. Leader of Gorilla Kind. Ruler of Gorilla City. And now he wants to rule the humans. He will bring war to your Earth. He had seen many conflicts between gorillas and humans.

"He is afraid that the humans will attack, but now that you're here, he will bring the fight to you," Grodd continued to speak through Harry. "As trespassers, you will be sent to the arena and executed. Will be Solovar's great honor, to kill you himself. But Flash, if he were defeated the other gorillas would see his weakness and would no longer follow."

"I'm not gonna kill anyone, not even a gorilla," Barry told him. He was too kind of heart to want to kill even a fly. Alex knew that trait of his had rubbed off on her rather quickly. She too knew that she couldn't kill anyone, not even a gorilla. "How do you benefit from all of this, Grodd?"

"Solovar falls, I take his place. I rule the gorillas and I promise to keep them in Gorilla City," Grodd assured. Barry asked how they knew that they could trust him. "Even though you sent me away, your Earth is still my home. And there are those among you I will never forget." Harry - Grodd - looked over to Caitlin.