CHAPTER NINETEEN

Alex woke up to the familiar glare of the bright lights in Caitlin's lab beaming down at her

Alex woke up to the familiar glare of the bright lights in Caitlin's lab beaming down at her. It wasn't the first time that she had woken up there and she was sure that it wasn't going to be the last either. It took her a moment to remember what happened. They had recused Barry from Zoom's fate but she had gotten injured right after that.

A wave of pain swept over her and her hand immediately went to her stomach where she had felt a phantom feeling of Zoom. Obviously things had gone as they wished since she made it back to her Earth. She could hear the voices in the cortex but couldn't place who they belonged to.

There was a glass of water placed on her bedside and she quickly glugged it down. Alex ripped the IV out of her arm and pushed herself out of bed. She had no idea how long she had been out for but it was enough to cause her body to be stiff. There was a jacket on the chair rested by the bed which looked to be Barry's. Alex snatched it and shoved it over her shoulders.

Her bare feet padded against the cold floors in the lab. She no longer wore her previous outfit that she had while on Earth-2, and instead wore a STAR Labs shirt and what looked to be a pair of Barry's sweat pants. 

A bandage was placed over her stomach but there was no need for it anymore. The wound she had received healed already and after moving for a few minutes, the pain went away too. Alex grinned as she saw who was in the cortex.

"Dig, Lyla," Alex was ripping off the bandage as she made herself known. All heads turned towards her and relief was seen on their faces. Barry, Cisco, Caitlin, and Wells were all in the cortex as well. Barry rushed over to her and embraced her in a hug, muttering that he was so worried about her. "I'm fine, Bare."

Diggle stuck his hand out for her to shake but Alex pulled him into a hug. Lyla welcomed her into a hug as well which she accepted. It was always nice to see them, even if they usual came with some sort of trouble. In their life, she expected nothing less. "What bring you guys over here?"

"King Shark," Diggle answered. Whatever they knew about it had been displayed on the screen including a picture of the massive half man half shark. Alex spun around on her heels to face the team. The movement made her wince, but she hid the pain from the others.

"I know I've joked about a shark walking in and I wouldn't be surprised but that wasn't an invitation for one to show up," Alex muttered. "Let me guess, a meta that Zoom sent to kill the both of us? Figured as much, we just can't get this man out of our life huh?"

Barry pulled Alex aside back into the med wing that they had. The others dispersed out of the cortex and did what they were told in order to stop King Shark. With little, to absolutely no medical background, Barry took it upon himself to check over his girlfriend. From what Caitlin had previously determined shortly before she woke, she was fine.

He looked at where Zoom dug his claws into her and there was no sign that it had even happened. Alex could tell that he was upset over what happened to her, he blamed himself for her getting hurt. She wished that he wouldn't, she was fine in the end of it all and everything had gone as they had planned.