CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE

Alex was at home with Barry when she had gotten a call

Alex was at home with Barry when she had gotten a call. For once, they had taken a break from their busy lives to sit down and enjoy a movie. They had ordered a pizza (or four) and sprawled out on pillows and blankets in front of their TV. Alex had made them some drinks too, even though they couldn't get drunk.

Barry had picked the movie; Kill Bill. Both of them loved the movies and it had been a while since either of them had been able to see it. Alex was cuddled into his side, his arm wrapped around her - and as much as it got on her nerves - kept squeezing her butt.

Just as they were about to put on the second film, her phone rang. She was going to ignore the call at first, whatever it was could wait until the morning. However, Barry had snatched her phone off the counter after the fourth ring. A confused look covered his face as he read the name on the screen.

It was Dick Grayson calling her. It was rare that he ever called and it was to never chat. Alex told him to toss over her phone, which he had. "Hey man, what's up?" she answered. Barry sat back down next to her, curious what the call was about. He didn't want to admit it but he was always a little jealous of the man.

"Heard you and that Allen guy got engaged wanted to call and say congrats," Dick told her. He once again was hunched over a computer screen. Alex thanked him, but she was sure that there was more to the call. "More importantly. I found her. I found your mom, Alex."

"You did?" Barry noticed her body tense and the look of shock on her face. He really wished that he could hear what was going on in that conversation. "Where?"

"Hiding right under me the whole time. She's in Gotham," Dick told her. He rattled off an address for her - to which she scrambled to find a pen and paper. "Changed her whole name and pretty much everything else there was to her. Completely different alias. This Thawne guy? Did a good job of scaring her."

"Holy shit, thank you Dick. Seriously, I owe you so much," Alex gripped onto the paper as if her life depended on it. After all this time, she had given up trying to find her mother. She didn't think that she would ever have the chance to see her again. To be honest, she wasn't sure if she wanted to.

"Just invite me to that wedding of yours and we're even," Dick chuckled. There was a hesitation before he spoke again, "I hope you find whatever closure you're looking for." He hung up after that. Alex stood at her counter in shock. Barry had gotten up from the couch and wrapped his arms around her. He looked at the words scribbled down.

"He did it, he found my mom," Alex explained after another moment of collecting her thoughts. She spun around in his arms and leaned up on her toes to kiss him. She was filled with excitement. Barry grinned at her, he knew that she had been wanting this for years.

It seemed so unreal that this was finally happening. It had been nearly twenty years since she had seen her mother. Everything had changed so much in those years. The fact that she knew exactly where her mother was after years of searching seemed to good to be true. Alex didn't feel like she deserved this.