Together at Last

Fluff
November 5th 1984
"Mike, if you don't stop pacing I'm gonna fucking kill you." Max blurted out. Mike didn't stop

"She'll be fine Mike, she knows what she's doing." Dustin said.
"I know." Mike said rolling his eyes. "But what if its too much for her, I'm just worried that I'll lose her again and-"

"Well sit down and stop worrying about it." Dustin suggested.
"Its not that easy."
"You don't know that."
"Yes I do."
"No you don't, Mike."
"Yes I do, Dustin."
"No you d-"
"Can you guys please stop?" Steve shouted annoyed. Suddenly a bright light shined in through the window of the Byer's house. Mike forgot the argument in a millisecond and ran for the door. As he opened the door he saw Hopper pull an unconscious Eleven out of the front passenger seat of the car.
"Is she okay?" Mike asked softly, feeling his eyes already start to sting.
"Yeah, she's fine kid, she just needs rest, she's really drained." Hopper answered walking past Mike into the house and into a guest bedroom in the Byer's house. Mike followed curiously, like a lost puppy, he just wanted to know if El was okay. He wanted to comfort her, hold her hand, cuddle, give her soft kisses. Hopper laid Eleven on the bed and put a blanket over her, he turned to exit the room and was met by Mike in the doorway.
"Mike, let her sleep." Hopper said.
"No, I-."
"Absolutely not." Mike was upset he was about to turn to leave when he saw El slightly lift her head from the pillow.
"Mike?" She called weakly, Mike gave Hop a smug look and quickly walked over to El.
"I'm right here El." He said kneeling next to the bed. Hopper rolled his eyes in a loving way and shut the door, he would rather El slept but he figured after 353 days without eachother, they deserved it. El smiled weakly and put her shaky hand on Mike's cheek.
"You're really here." El stated happily.
"I am, and I always will be no matter what."
"Promise?" El asked moving her hand from Mike's face to his hand that was resting on the bed, palm down.
"Promise." Mike said turning his hand over and intertwining his fingers with El's. Mike softly pressed a kiss on El's forehead. A warmth spread through her body and filled her with pure joy. El smiled and let out a small giggle. Mike stared at her with heart eyes, while doing so he saw a mixture of dirt, makeup and blood smeared all over her face, she still thought she was the most beautiful girl he'd ever seen, but he wondered where it all came from, specifically the makeup. Mike let go of El's hand and stood up.
"Mike, where are you going?" El asked.
"To get something to wash your face."
"Okay." Mike was sure to leave the door a couple inches open, remembering El wasn't too fond of being in a room alone with the door closed. He walked into the bathroom and searched the linen cabinet for a washcloth and quickly found a navy blue one, he ran it under the sink with warm water and quickly rushed back into the bedroom. El smiled as Mike returned, closing the door behind him. El sat up and smiled as Mike returned. Mike sat on the bed criss cross applesauce and brought the damp washcloth to her face. El flinched a bit.
"Sorry." She apologized, slightly embarrassed.
"Don't apologize its fine." Mike said. He carefully reached up with his other hand and held her chin, to keep her head in place, he then began to softly wipe the blood from under her nose. El watched him intently.
"I like your new style its-"
"Bitchin." El interrupted
"Yeah." Mike agreed hesitantly, he though she looked bitchin and he liked it, he just wasn't used to her speaking like that.
"D-do you not like it?" El asked quietly.
"No, El I love it, I'm just not used to you speaking like that." El giggled again the sound made Mike feel amazing. "Can you close your eyes please?" Mike asked. She did and he began to wipe off the eyeshadow.
"Mike?"
"Yeah?"
"I've missed you a lot."
"I missed you too, El." Mike finished wiping El's face and tossed the wash cloth to the side. "All done." He declared. El's eyes fluttered open, her mouth spread into a sweet smile at the sight of Mike, even though she knew he was there.
"You need to get some rest now." Mike told El, standing up.
"Mike, please stay." El begged grabbing Mike's hand. Mike wanted to but he knew Hopper would kill him. El saw Mike's hesitant look. "Please?" She said looking into his eyes. Mike figured he'd stay, even if Hopper killed him. He walked around to the other side of the bed and laid down on his back, El smiled, satisfied. She rested her head on Mike's chest and Mike wrapped his arms around El. Even though she was extremely drained, she used the small amount of her powers to turn the light off and cover them in the blanket. They fell asleep in one anothers arms, elated to be back together after 353 days.

Sorry, I know this is a basic one shot idea, but I thought it'd be cute.